Sign in to follow this  
silatix

Indiana Jones

i liked the waterfalls though.

but yeah, much like narnia 1 the grading felt like HBO-classics.

but the big question is - how will the mummy 3 stack up to this?

;-)

I honestly have been sitting huddled in shivering the shower since seeing this- I have tried to scrub my eyeballs with bleach and drink myself blind but I can still see the afterimages of this travesty to one of my most beloved and honerd trilogy.{ unclean... so unclean..}

i imagine this might be how starwars fans felt but , i cant really say.. Indy has always been closer to my hart.. but i still feel like Lucas has been rubbing his tiny monkey hands over my taint.

so unclean.. so unclean...

There's probably no way do do the original series justice after so much time has passed; some things just need to be left alone. In addition to the previous comments, I thought the first 10 minutes or so of the movie had some really bad Star Warsesque acting that took me right out of the mood. It was like everything was a first take; Harrison Ford seemed to be playing some other character at first.

Before we go overboard with nostalgia for the original series, I have to say Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom was a pretty damned annoying sequel to the original. Between Kate Capshaw and the comic relief asian kid (all asians are born with top notch martial arts skills) I was hoping for them all to get their hearts ripped out by the end.

One can only hope that they don't even offer the 4th one as a part of a dvd package and just continue to call it a trilogy..

Dont hate on the asian comic relief kid. The concept worked well in 16 candles, right?

long-duk-dong.jpg

There's probably no way do do the original series justice after so much time has passed; some things just need to be left alone. In addition to the previous comments, I thought the first 10 minutes or so of the movie had some really bad Star Warsesque acting that took me right out of the mood. It was like everything was a first take; Harrison Ford seemed to be playing some other character at first.

Before we go overboard with nostalgia for the original series, I have to say Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom was a pretty damned annoying sequel to the original. Between Kate Capshaw and the comic relief asian kid (all asians are born with top notch martial arts skills) I was hoping for them all to get their hearts ripped out by the end.

Indy 4 was seriously weighed down by expectations and one of my mates went to watch it at a pre-screener and hated (REALLY HATED) it.

Still I went in with an open mind (even with a Lucas script)...

Quite definitely Indy 4 is beyond horrible.. All involved should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves!..

So the next question is: What should be next? Ghostbusters? Back to the Future? Tron?

If the bigwigs have decided to destroy our childhood memories, they may as well get em all! Come on turn the knife and break it off!

I'm ready!

Edited by Mr_Cookie