Sign in to follow this  
a2visual

Swatch/color palette for After Effects?

Why AE doesn't have one already, I don't know, but does anyone know of a swatch palette plug in that can be used in AE? I found Swatch Buckler through Google, but it's not compatible with AECS3 or Mac Intel.

I'm assuming it would be possible to script something, but that's beyond me at this point.

I don't need a color picker, I need a swatch palette like the one in Illustrator and Photoshop. Somewhere to hold my hold colors so I quickly grab them rather than having to sample them all the time.

that's what i use the system color picker for. If I know that I'll come back to a project and need those colors again, then as krpdesign said, create solids in your project with the swatch. or make a psd doc.

swatch.jpg

Edited by demafleez

Nice find Krakken.

I guess the only limitation to the system color palette that i could find is when you try changing the gradient colors for a shape layer. it won't show you the system color picker when you click on it like just about everywhere else...

that's what i use the system color picker for. If I know that I'll come back to a project and need those colors again, then as krpdesign said, create solids in your project with the swatch. or make a psd doc.

Yeah, I see what you're saying now, forgot that the system picker had a swatch palette. Personally I don't like the system color picker.

How about Swatch You Want?

Choice, exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

The only drawback is that it can only import ASE files, you can't add colors from what you sample inside of AE.

I guess what I'm looking for is a little hard to find as a plug-in. I don't get why AE doesn't have that feature like PS and Illustrator does. To the feature request form I guess...

Edited by a2visual

I have to say I love the way Adobe Color CC has been integrated into CC, although it's not consistent and when I upgraded my iPhone it dumped a couple of years worth of colour sets I had built up. I sue this a fair bit for recording colour combination I find whilst out and about.

AE's colour tools are awful, and I still use the method of creating colour palettes in PS or AI and then importing them into AE and using the picker. If there was consistency across all the CC apps that would be very useful.