Sign in to follow this  
pixel_pimp

Trends in Logo Design 2008

Guest Sao_Bento
https://www.logolounge.com/logotrends/

Interesting survey of logo trends going on today! I love the fold over and nimbus trends!

enjoy

It's interesting to try and deduce the meaning of that whole site - are they encouraging people to follow the trends or are they being critical of trendiness?

It's interesting to try and deduce the meaning of that whole site - are they encouraging people to follow the trends or are they being critical of trendiness?

I don't think either. I think they just try to be reference for where we are. Use it as inspiration, or standing on the shoulders of giants or just basic research. But they do encourage you to advance from them:

"And now, the trends. Please remember that they are gathered here to chart long-term movement or change, not to offer design suggestions. It's a living history. The key is to study the trends, then evolve forward - as far forward as you can leap - from them."

are these trends? or just a group of logos that happen to use similar visual ideas, because if there are too many trends with few logos corresponding to each one then there is no trend at all, a trend has to be massive, or seen everywhere in my opinion, like the web 2.0 gel-like shapes used for example in the nasty logo here: http://www.claro.com.ar/

Edited by Epal