Sign in to follow this  
blockhead

AE Warning>

I get a dialog box from AECS3 in leopard. I've only run into this issue after upgrading to leopard.

Dialog box says

"After effects warning:another application is currently using the quicktime video output component."

that's it.

almost every other thing i click on it appears. sometimes everything i do or click gives me that same message, and even occassionally i'll get that box repetitively before i even do anything else, asides from hitting OK

has anybody ran into this before?

it seems to have disabled responsiveness of 3d layers. nothing else noticeable besides stopping down everytime i click on something. BOO dude

Are you using some kind of video monitoring device, like an editing card or even Firewire DV?

What that message means is that AE is trying to send a video preview out but some other app has control over that output and is not releasing it. I imagine something like a Decklink card's video desktop feature, out of a million of possible reasons. Most editing applications do release the videout output correctly when they become inactive/loose focus.

The slowness you're getting is because the video output is killing OpenGL interactions. Try to turn off the "interactions" option in video preview preferences.

we get that when FCP and AE are running at the same time, something to do with the AJA card and the way things are wired i believe, in our case just quitting FCP solves it

yah- aja's in action (wired) on this system but the external monitor is off. i tried changing the settings in pref's>video from apple ProIO to computer monitor only didn't seem to make a diff when i treid it last week. BUT- disabling interactions and renders DID help :)

yah- aja's in action (wired) on this system but the external monitor is off. i tried changing the settings in pref's>video from apple ProIO to computer monitor only didn't seem to make a diff when i treid it last week. BUT- disabling interactions and renders DID help :)

It should release the video output without having to turn off those in AE.

I *believe* that if you touch the desktop when switching apps, that forces the output to be released. You could try this.