Sign in to follow this  
Gareso

MTV Birds

Hello everyone.

This is my first post here. I'm a brazilian graphic designer currently living in Auckland NZ studying motion graphics at Media Design School.

This animation I did in my spare time just to practice all the new things I've been learning both at school and by myself.

Just would like to know what u guys think.

The soundtrack I did myself at SoundTrack Pro.

well, hope u enjoy! I had a lot of fun doing it... :)

http://www.gareso.com/2008/mtv_birds_web.mov

cheers

Gareso

http://www.gareso.com

Edited by Gareso

lately? dude.. theyve been killing it for awhile now. my jealousy knows no bounds.

I really like it. Looks like Brazil is producing a lot of good motion graphics people lately.

I think its really nice, I went through that course way back when it was ' digital video production ', I used to go and check out the graduation exhibitions and have never seen anything this good come out of that course.... is Steve Dorner still teaching the there? If so, learn as much as you can from that dude, the things he taught me about broadcast were invaluable to my career.

Thank you all for your feedback! :)

I'm really glad that u guys enjoyed!

Very nice! How long did it take for you to do? And what did you use?

It took me about two to three weeks in total, but I had to stop several times to carry some school projects on, so it's really hard to know for sure...

I used Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Painter (for the bg), AE and Flash (for frame-by-frame animation of the balloons(?)).

... is Steve Dorner still teaching the there? If so, learn as much as you can from that dude, the things he taught me about broadcast were invaluable to my career.

Yes, Steve is still teaching... It is pretty much him and one assistant... Not enough I think. The course is ok, but school is school... you should never expect too much. I think in the end, it's up to you to make the most of it. :) That's the first time I'm out of Brazil, and It has been a wonderful life experience for me overall...

Thank you again!

Cheers!