Sign in to follow this  
Edgard

Pointless Cinema vs EI Debate

so this is an EI vs C4D thread? didn't Ei get bought by Autodesk just to put it out of its misery? C4d new projection man is way better than any dvGarage Camera map tutorial. if this is comparing EI camera mapping to c4d camera mapping.

I think EI should license out it's "Camera" so C4d and other companies could use it. EI could make a way back into 3D by getting the scene hooked on the "Camera". Similar to Vray, Mental Ray, Renderman, etc. The "Camera" was EI main feature, "Render Fast Retire young."

EI Phase two could be to take all there EI plugins and port them to C4D. Sonica and all the Konkeptoine Plugins would be useful in C4D. If EI can't be Kobe then it just needs to get Kobe the ball. C4D is draining 3's.

Edited by pixel_pimp

I have being playing with the new release of EIv8 and let me just say that these guys went into the wrong direction by enhancing Animator and not licensing Camera as a separate render module. The fact is that EI is no where close to C4D doesnt matter how fast Camera can be it is just simple not the same old dog sadly i started the debate not being aware of the ins and out of C4D as i am playing more and more with v11.5 just simply has no comparison.

The MDD plug in give Animator some capabilities to export c4d Mograph and render them as at unbeatable speed but the navigation and work flow keeps behaving like a hungry dog with fever.

Sonica never came out to the public and they will work with EIAS only so until they have an open architecture they will be screwed and dammed forever.

Edgard

I have being playing with the new release of EIv8 and let me just say that these guys went into the wrong direction by enhancing Animator and not licensing Camera as a separate render module. The fact is that EI is no where close to C4D doesnt matter how fast Camera can be it is just simple not the same old dog sadly i started the debate not being aware of the ins and out of C4D as i am playing more and more with v11.5 just simply has no comparison.

The MDD plug in give Animator some capabilities to export c4d Mograph and render them as at unbeatable speed but the navigation and work flow keeps behaving like a hungry dog with fever.

Sonica never came out to the public and they will work with EIAS only so until they have an open architecture they will be screwed and dammed forever.

Edgard

EI still exists?

Hell yeah this thread is back!

/popcorn

It makes me nostalgic thinking about when mograph.net was good. I miss it as much as Edgard likes outdated 3D software.

I've never even heard of this EI, I guess its from the olden days?

It was popular in the 90's like The Gin Blossoms. John Knoll used to use it for his personal projects and I believe it was used for Phantom Menace pre-viz a bit.

There is no school like old school or some crap like that.

Froj not so old days TOMAS EGGER from AD STUDIO BRAZIL is the owner now and he just does magic with such an outdated software like Chris says.

I have no idea how he does to produce such quality work.

Here check out your self http://www.eias3d.com/forums/ let the images talk.

I think Chris cares more about him being an ass than waking up in bed with his girl friend.

Thanks,

Edgard

TOMAS EGGER from AD STUDIO BRAZIL

I think Chris cares more about him being an ass than waking up in bed with his girl friend.

Thanks,

Edgard

Egger DOES do amazing things with it. I still have one of his videos he made from 10 years ago on my laptop. I can't imagine how bad ass he would be with modern software :)

If my wife knew I woke up with a girlfriend I would have serious problems. But IF I did have a extra-marital concubine, then yes I would put being an ass on a higher priority for sure.