Sign in to follow this  
iTHiNK

C4D - PhyTools Question

I have this scene.. it's basically photos falling onto a table.

Trouble is - I want to wait a few seconds between photos falling. I'm hoping for a little more control than just trying to find a proper beginning state for each photo.

Anybody know how to set WHEN to start a simulation? I've tried animating an objects enabled state, and searched the forums at CGtalk as well as the Phytools docs... no dice..

Thanks in advance!

-Chris

Dynamics>Solver Object

Now click on Solver Object and under its Attributes, go to Main. There should be start and stop. If you wanted the cards to start falling @ frame 354, you'd enter that value in start but setting the stop is a bit tricky. You'd have to experiment with lots of variables to find out how long it takes to simulate a falling card effect. This of course depends heavily on Gravity strength and cards' total mass and etc. values.

EDIT: Hmm, I jumped the gun I guess. I have no clue about PhyTools, sorry :(

Edited by lumaform

I appreciate the effort, actually the sim runs the entire time... I'm trying to figure out how to tell specific objects in the sim to wait to begin.

I'd be open to doing it with the dynamics module as well, I just find phytools easier to use.

I appreciate the effort, actually the sim runs the entire time... I'm trying to figure out how to tell specific objects in the sim to wait to begin.

I'd be open to doing it with the dynamics module as well, I just find phytools easier to use.

Like I said, I wouldn't be much help with PhyTools but with C4D Dynamics module, you may keyframe those objects to have 0 total mass for those specific times and then assign the needed 0> value to make 'em start falling again. This of course is just a basic suggestion. It requires experimentation.