Sign in to follow this  
Guest SermonOfMockery

man i sure do hate hardcore these days

Guest soulmobile

I don't like electric distorted guitars and people screaming, but I understand the desease tou have seing kids singin' on TV.

To me it looks like we're just gettin' old, and start being nostalgic 'bout tha good owl days...

The stuff we liked at the time was for sure critisised by the elder when we were young, even if now it's considered a classic...

Guest silatix

id start a topic saying punk sucks these days but thatd be way to much complaining on my part :lol:

Guest SermonOfMockery

i know i will catch hell for this but i really like a lot of new "punk" bands like good charlotte, new found glory, blink 182, etc. it's catchy stuff.

Guest SermonOfMockery

ha ha well you know what i mean. anyway, i think they're great and they seem like dudes i would hang out with... i want to hate good charlotte but their songs are so catchy i can't help but like them. they seem like really obnoxious people though.

Guest patrickedge

ah! no, i know what you mean, we all have our guilty pleasures.

anyone ever see subzero? thats a band who put out one real deal lp, killed all the way through, then called it quits. (they reformed a year ago or so, but it doesnt count. it's not the same)

Guest SermonOfMockery

i never saw subzero but i saw skarhead a bunch of times when lou was in the band. i heard their LP once and didn't like it much, but that was a long time ago so maybe i didn't give it a fair chance.

Guest silatix

!!! i can understand on the level of guilty pleasure ill give you that much but .. oh jeez.. im at a loss for words

i know i will catch hell for this but i really like a lot of new "punk" bands like good charlotte, new found glory, blink 182, etc. it's catchy stuff.

Guest firemind

It's sad enough I live in the city that spawned it, but now it's actually trying to make a comeback. DIE!!!

Guest SermonOfMockery

firemind, just out of curiosity, do you know who bas rutten is? he's my favorite dutchman!

Guest pathogenplus

quicksand - slip and the 7" only.

punk doesnt exist anymore - it was erased by malls, mtv and southern california.

Madball..man..i cant even begin to descibe how much i hate this kind of s++t .

oh..my favorite hardcore memory..straight edge kids wearing XXX tshirts with AK-47's and other weapons on them..Probably got dropped off by mommy in the minivan after soccer practice.

Oh yeah and the ever fascinating "Unity" movement. Every hardcore show ive been to there has been at least 2 fights. They should do a Jerry Springer episode on hardcore..[featuring madball!]

Guest biffen

GWAR = the shit.

Not that I listen to them, but they personify their music well. Its crazy audio and visuals.