Sign in to follow this  
HappyMachine

New Website is up

I know this sounds super duper harsh, but your website looks like a yellow pages advertisement.

One thing that'll help fix that is making the SWF take up the whole page, you can do this in the PUBLISH settings of the FLASH file, i think (unsure) you set the DIMENSIONS to PERCENT then set SCALE to NO SCALE.. this is probably the worst way of making a full page flash website but it's better than being boxed up in a 600x600 advert.

Your's sincerely,

Annoying Picky Bastard

P.S. After rolling over your logo i was rather impressed with that.

Edited by ConstantMotion

I'm really curious to know what kind of clients you end up working for, and what kind of stuff do they ask for. Where/how do you find them, or do they find you? Do you get work via listings, or directories, or reps, or straight sales?

I will look into that. I am really new to Flash, so I figured there would be some issues.

Thanks!

If you're really new to Flash, I'd definitely recommend not using it to represent your professional site. Once you're more familiar with Flash and have worked out all the issues, only then would it be good to upload the Flash version of your site. And even then, I'd only use a Flash site if you needed to do something with your site that wasn't possible without the use of Flash. I don't know if animated button rollovers is a reason enough to have your entire site based in Flash. Wow, I've typed the word Flash a lot in this paragraph. Flash. Also, those animated sun-rays actually distracts me from watching what I'm assuming is the main purpose of your site: your reel

Your site describes your reel as the best and brightest of your work, but the reel seemed to last for a very long time. I'd pick the top 15 or so shots from the ones on your reel, and lose the rest. The resulting reel may be a lot shorter than you'd like, but it would definitely be a more accurate portrayal of the "best and brightest". Good luck!