Sign in to follow this  
ABOSHA

HEALTH INSURANCE - NEW JERSEY

I am a freelancer living in New Jersey, I read through some of the previous posts in regards to health insurance and none of the providers were available in NJ. Looking for some input for anyone that lives here and is in a similar circumstance. I am married with 2 kids and need good coverage that will cover routine doc visits with a copay and also cover any major medical expenses should they arise. My last quote from Aetna was around $2,800 a month which just isn't possible.

I am a freelancer living in New Jersey, I read through some of the previous posts in regards to health insurance and none of the providers were available in NJ. Looking for some input for anyone that lives here and is in a similar circumstance. I am married with 2 kids and need good coverage that will cover routine doc visits with a copay and also cover any major medical expenses should they arise. My last quote from Aetna was around $2,800 a month which just isn't possible.

try this

https://www.ehealthinsurance.com

I have to say that this is why I have a fulltime job....I also have 2 kids and health insurance is key to me. My advise is to seek a full time job, it pays off not having to worry about that (or at least worry less than $2800)...but I am very interested in any alternatives....I moved from another country a few months ago and did the research.....health insurance is far from affordable here.

try this

https://www.ehealthinsurance.com

I have to say that this is why I have a fulltime job....I also have 2 kids and health insurance is key to me. My advise is to seek a full time job, it pays off not having to worry about that (or at least worry less than $2800)...but I am very interested in any alternatives....I moved from another country a few months ago and did the research.....health insurance is far from affordable here.

www.ehealthinsurance.com

Been there done that. None of those plans provide the coverage that you get similar to what you receive at a fulltime job - unless you want to spend about 2,800 a month. I have oa more cost effective indemnity plan right now and it seems they cover just about nothing so not only do I have monthly premiums - now I have bills coming in for routine preventative care and standard lab work.

www.ehealthinsurance.com

Been there done that. None of those plans provide the coverage that you get similar to what you receive at a fulltime job - unless you want to spend about 2,800 a month. I have oa more cost effective indemnity plan right now and it seems they cover just about nothing so not only do I have monthly premiums - now I have bills coming in for routine preventative care and standard lab work.

right!....this is what I find crazy about the US....quality healthcare is just a luxury....full time job is the way to go....

there is not a whole lot of solutions....let me know if you find anything else about this...

Edited by este.eri