Sign in to follow this  
spirozero

Adobe CS4

Guest Sao_Bento

It's the beginning of a large marketing campaign - it's not like you won't be able to find out about CS4 if you don't register for their "webcast".

After you put in your e-mail it takes you to a page that says:

To view the web broadcast, visit http://www.adobe.com/go/brilliantevent on

the September 23, 2008 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern!

No need to register.

I'm actually really interested in what they say about 64bit support. We've already heard that Photoshop is 64bit in windows only, so I'm wondering if that's going to be the happen across the board or what. I want to use more ram dammit!

Guest Sao_Bento
Pretty sweet, if you ask me. 14 tools in 1!

Cf

Most of the blades are implemented as plug-ins rather than being integrated directly into the core functionality - that dramatically limits their usefulness. They've also implemented a browser thing that trys to get you to buy additional stock blades from them.

Most of the blades are implemented as plug-ins rather than being integrated directly into the core functionality - that dramatically limits their usefulness. They've also implemented a browser thing that trys to get you to buy additional stock blades from them.

Still.....you can cut just about everything with it....no?

Guest Sao_Bento
So, they probably won't be releasing anything on the 23rd? They're just going to officially announce CS4 on the 23rd? Is that what most of you are predicting/suspecting?

It's rare that software ships on the same day it is announced. Think of the months and months of nightmarish betas for CS3 before it really shipped (on Mac OS, anyhow). I expect this is the beginning of the next round.

Hmmm. I was just about to slap down $1100 on the CS3 Production Premium Upsell. Now I'm wondering ... if they announce CS4 on the 23rd, will they offer free upgrades to those of use who purchase CS3 thereafter ... up until CS4 is released? Anyone know if they've done this in the past?

Guest Sao_Bento
has anyone commented on the cs4 logo???...

*cringe*

Oh - THAT logo. Let's see . . . #4 = death and bad luck in many Asian cultures, and the four seems to be penetrating the "S". . . so I guess it's something to do with bad luck for snakes. In any case - nice bevel ; )

adobecs4080902.jpg

(note: didja ever notice how the tape formats go D1, D2, D3, D5?? - that's because of the #4 superstition mentioned above)

Guest Sao_Bento

The Adobe licensing scheme allows you to install and activate the software on two machines - What I'd like to see is a combined installer (like Maxon's), that would let you install your software on the Mac OS partition, and XP under bootcamp, then activate both of those with the two activations. No major changes in policy associated with that, just some forethought and acknowledgement that flexibility is an easy way to add value.

I know! I had to pay for an upgrade again for my Vista version since I have the OSX version.

I mean I'm not going to run Windows & OSX at the same time, unless I use Virtualization, and who's going to do that? Bad performance.

I run XP Pro on my new Mac Pro so that I can handle administrative stuff...our shop runs on an MS Exchange server, so I have to have Office. Office for Mac don't work right, so I got Parallels and run XP Pro in a window. Then they promptly removed my administrative computer. I don't miss it.

One thing I haven't tried yet is running multiple copies of AE in OSX. Hm...

Cf