Sign in to follow this  
Jeff McBride

AE 3D layers shifting

I'm having a bit of difficulty with a scene I built in that layers shift as a result of other layers having masks on them. It's creating layers that slide out of position and sometimes they'll swap z-space position for a few frames so it creates a quick break in the layer.

I've read the below link on the AE LiveDocs which says the masked layers are prevented from intersecting which seems to be my problem- is there a solution other than cropping my layers beforehand in PS? Will having any masks in my comp screw things up or just the ones that have intersecting layers? Could this be solved by pre-comping?

I'm working with 300+ layers or I'd just dive in on the testing.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffec...c6dea-7e3b.html

yes pre-comping can be your friend on this one. I would cut your mask of the layer, then pre-comp with "leave all attributes" checked, and then go into the pre-comp and paste your mask in there. That might do the trick for you, not withstanding any continuously rasterizing issues that might rear their head.

Edited by chriskelley