Sign in to follow this  
Todd Kopriva

After Effects CS4

Guest Sao_Bento
Hmmm.... so there could be a market for PSD files with 3D objects embedded... interesting.

Just like that wonderful Adobe Stock Photography integrated right into the Bridge - oh yeah, they gave up on that, didn't they?

the top 25 complaints about AE from dearadobe.com.

14.) I Love After Effects! #2561

Adobe: Thanks! So do we!

glad they addressed that hard-hitting complaint.

Guest Sao_Bento
14.) I Love After Effects! #2561

Adobe: Thanks! So do we!

glad they addressed that hard-hitting complaint.

Seriously, I wonder how they're defining "top 25". I find it hard to believe that many people don't know how to make photoshop text editable in AE, etc. Technically, that stuff should be excluded because it's an intelligence problem, not a problem with the application. It would be much better to focus on things that would improve the app (and avoid the smart-ass answers like "Flash has IK").

Seriously, I wonder how they're defining "top 25". I find it hard to believe that many people don't know how to make photoshop text editable in AE, etc. Technically, that stuff should be excluded because it's an intelligence problem, not a problem with the application. It would be much better to focus on things that would improve the app (and avoid the smart-ass answers like "Flash has IK").

its more like a top 20 when you take out the worthless stuff like "10.) After Effects is a FANTASTIC application and THE BEST Adobe product."

then half of it is RTFM shit like;

7.) Let us copy text from another app and paste it in After Effects’ text tool. #1568

Adobe: You can currently copy and paste text into After Effects.

and the other half are interesting complaints and adobe responding with Good suggestion.

Just like that wonderful Adobe Stock Photography integrated right into the Bridge - oh yeah, they gave up on that, didn't they?

I can see 3D modelers providing PSD files with their model pre-embedded on sites like TurboSquid.

What's needed is a stand-alone utility to create a PSD file with a 3D object embedded in it.

Also, Maxon needs the ability to output a PSD file with a 3D object embedded in it.

why does everyone has to adapt to the NEW "psd capability for 3d" why doesnt Adobe stick to the already standard 3d file types (.obj, FBX, DXF, 3ds, etc). AE should be able to accept any of these, or one of these. Converting 3d files in Photoshop to then use in AE is not a good work flow.

its more like a top 20 when you take out the worthless stuff like "10.) After Effects is a FANTASTIC application and THE BEST Adobe product."

then half of it is RTFM shit like;

7.) Let us copy text from another app and paste it in After Effects’ text tool. #1568

Adobe: You can currently copy and paste text into After Effects.

and the other half are interesting complaints and adobe responding with Good suggestion.

But that's the whole point: You cannot fix issues with such generic descriptions. It's like saying "My car doesn't run." So what? Does it not run due to lack of fuel? No juice on the battery? No steering wheel? No gears, tires, axes? Driver too stupid? Sorry, this is utterly pointless. Over those last few weeks I've had a ton of such discussions and they all ended up in me thinking about the others "What a bunch of ****. They don't know dick about software development" and in turn the others must have felt the same and thought "What an asshole. How can he be such a blind follower and apologetist for Adobe?". So there you go. You can twist and turn this ad nauseum, but you'll never come to a satisfactory solution for both sides. Simply accept that not everyone working for big red A or with them is a chimp, but that they need proper user input and, speaking specifically for me, sometimes a not so subtle kick in their complacency. In any case - neither sites like dearadobe.com nor endless threads like this are a suitable way of communicating your needs and wishes. Instead you all should make it a point of filing feature requests thru official channels, communicate and constructively discuss with people like Adolfo, Todd and me and have your ideas forwarded to the authorities, meet Adobe officials whenever you can in person and so on... Certainly much better than letting us do all the work and complain later that your voice wasn't heard.

Mylenium

why does everyone has to adapt to the NEW "psd capability for 3d" why doesnt Adobe stick to the already standard 3d file types (.obj, FBX, DXF, 3ds, etc). AE should be able to accept any of these, or one of these. Converting 3d files in Photoshop to then use in AE is not a good work flow.

Agreed, but I'm guessing in the vein of "something is better than nothing" and because they already had the basic functionality in PhotoShop, they added it as stop-gap until they can add a real 3D rendering engine in a future version.

I imagine (and would hope) that adding a true 3D rendering engine in AE which supports AE cameras and lights requires a major overhaul of the existing render engine. Something that wasn't possible in time for CS4.

It also appears from descriptions of CS4 that Adobe is moving towards a "unified renderer" for all of their products. So that they all create the exact same output from the exact same source (something that does NOT happen in CS3). It appears the foundation for that was laid in CS4 and hopefully we'll see it come to fruition in the next version or two.

That's just what I *think* I'm seeing from reading a lot about CS4 in various places.

So how do you guys like CS4 yet (AE, especially)? Is it worth an upgrade? I installed the trial for AECS4 and the GUI looks awkward to me, the weird search box in the timeline needs to go! Obviously I have not done any real work with it since it's a trial...still using CS3, which is what I am comfortable with.

So how do you guys like CS4 yet (AE, especially)? Is it worth an upgrade? I installed the trial for AECS4 and the GUI looks awkward to me, the weird search box in the timeline needs to go! Obviously I have not done any real work with it since it's a trial...still using CS3, which is what I am comfortable with.

I REALLY dont care for the new inteface...at the darker interface colors the interfact text change to WHITE which is EXTREMELY annoying. You CAN get it to go to black, but you have to increase the interface brightness, and by the time you get black text, its too bright (for me anyways). I dont care for it...

Jim

Guest Sao_Bento

Personally, I'm uncompelled. I'll get to it at some point, but I can't say that I feel like I'm really missing out on anything. I think after several years of very mediocre upgrades, people just get burnt out.