Sign in to follow this  
silatix

economy in crisis..

There'll be a fiscal stimulus in the near future. Which kind of stimulus works best? The chart below is from Moody's.

The article itself is very worth reading. For the non-liberals among us, just try to take off the ideological blinders for a second and focus on what has empirically worked as an economic stimulus. Doing the best thing would fall under the category of 'simple competence,' which is, as I've said before, actually a very lofty goal of mine.

http://www.economy.com/dismal/article_free.asp?cid=102598

20081011-cyg3dwds4whf49mxgkj19q9kg4.jpg

I agree with sao and govinda. The US needs a president that can create confidence,

be bilateral, and has a strong foreign policy.

The world wants Obama to be the next president. You could think "who the hell cares what the world wants", but that's part of the problem.

It might seem that 5 billion people are 'anti bush' (read: anti American), but what half the world really is, is 'anti bad policy'. Especially if that policy affects everybody.

The dirty little secret is, everybody secretly loves America, cause for every flaw, there is something great, but lately, the flaws have become desastrous.

It's like your older brother. You look up to him, and you would like to do all the cool stuff that older brothers do, but when he starts stealing your allowance cause he's on drugs, then you start 2nd guessing him. When he starts to go violent, i might even start to imitate him.

A 'thinking man' needs to be president, and simple competence is the least i expect from the president of the US. If you look back at men like Benjamin Franklin, he was a fucking genius. An artist, a scientist, a diplomat.

The last 10 presidents pale in comparison.

If you look back at men like Benjamin Franklin, he was a fucking genius. An artist, a scientist, a diplomat.

I think that's why he never wanted to be president. Anyway, Washington was someone you could have a beer with.

Actually Washington never wanted to be president, but a group of men(the fore fathers), solely concerned with the safety and advancement of the America nominated and chose him because they felt he was best qualified. When's the last time that happened?

WOW!

How cool! I woke up to find that the Shrill One won it. In the words of my boy Duncan Black:

"I'm sure the wingnuts will imagine this is his reward from librul Yurpeans for daring to say bad things about Great And Glorious Preznit Bunnypants, but that isn't, you know, what they give the prize for."

All I have to say is, "Aaaaiiiiii!!!! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh R'lyeh wagn'nagl fhtagn! Aaaaiiiiii!!!!" (The shrill liberal mantra.)

I was looking into their latest congressional actions and found out they've been diligently working on a resolution "recognizing the 150th anniversary year of the founding of Macy's, Inc." WTF? Who needs this?

I'm guessing the same people that needed our congress to spend... how many months? on hearings about the use of steroids in baseball.....

I wonder what comes next in their list of priorities...

Edited by eley

They can't. Just like everyone saw this coming and couldn't stop it. The most Obama can do is inject a little confidence and convince the rest of the world that we're not going to be as greed driven as we have been.

I agree. Nobody con stop it at this point. People can make it a lot worse though. Just as the Great Depression didn't have to last as long as it did this "Financial Crisis" doesn't need to turn into a protracted recession/depression. Unfortunately it will if our federal government continues to meddle and tweak. Artificially trying to hold the economy steady has never worked historically and so there is zero reason to believe it will work in the future.

I agree that one candidate is more competent than the other, in some aspects, however neither has given any indication, that gives me confidence, that they will not continue the tradition of "fixing" the economy into the ground.

I agree. Nobody con stop it at this point. People can make it a lot worse though. Just as the Great Depression didn't have to last as long as it did this "Financial Crisis" doesn't need to turn into a protracted recession/depression. Unfortunately it will if our federal government continues to meddle and tweak. Artificially trying to hold the economy steady has never worked historically and so there is zero reason to believe it will work in the future.

I agree that one candidate is more competent than the other, in some aspects, however neither has given any indication, that gives me confidence, that they will not continue the tradition of "fixing" the economy into the ground.

i agree on that

my previous company just relocated to LA, laying off the entire satellite office

how does unemployment work? ive never been on it, nor plan to, but for my friends getting laid off, how long can they hag out, polishing their resumes, and what % of their previous salary to they get for how long?

this whole deal is a financial 9/11, you know all kinds of repressive shit is going to happen as a result

i agree on that

my previous company just relocated to LA, laying off the entire satellite office

how does unemployment work? ive never been on it, nor plan to, but for my friends getting laid off, how long can they hag out, polishing their resumes, and what % of their previous salary to they get for how long?

this whole deal is a financial 9/11, you know all kinds of repressive shit is going to happen as a result

I got layed off a couple of years ago when my company outsourced all the software development jobs to India. The tech situation in Kansas is abysmal so I went on unemployment and got 70% of my previous salary (and I had to pay taxes on it because they didn't take any taxes out). Took me a year to find a job that paid more than unemployment. And after 9 months, I got layed off again when the company outsourced my division (to an American company this time, at least). Same deal with unemployment.

I started a new business a couple years ago that I do part time, but I'm trying to work into a full time gig. In the meantime, I'm with a new company and just waiting for the hammer to fall here.

enjoy the end of the american empire, chizmniz, i'll be watching from... man is there any place on earth we can go anymore? canada sounds like it's sinking along with us. bolivia? venezuela?

enjoy the end of the american empire, chizmniz, i'll be watching from... man is there any place on earth we can go anymore? canada sounds like it's sinking along with us. bolivia? venezuela?

As soon as the libs get there way with our military I don't think there will be anywhere to hide from China, North Korea, and Russia. Probably have to get a tan and try to blend in with people in Mexico.

Right.. Liberals are obviously anti military and China NK and Russia are all gunning to invade. :blink:

As soon as the libs get there way with our military I don't think there will be anywhere to hide from China, North Korea, and Russia. Probably have to get a tan and try to blend in with people in Mexico.

China and Russia are certainly threats to our global dominance. But not military threats. Economic ones: they're making friends with everyone we've alienated and securing oil sources in South America, Eastern Europe and throughout the globe. The only way we've been able to remain on top is through a bloated military, but ask the Roman empire how long they were able to keep that up. When only your military and oil corporations are making money, all you can do is wage war. Eventually our empire will crumble from the inside. It's only a matter of time.

You're a fucking nutjob buying into fairytales.

China army stats

China is also making big moves into

africa

There are a ton of articles on this. A simple google search will give you some more articles.

And everyone knows about the

North Korean Biochemical Threat

"The only way we've been able to remain on top is through a bloated military"

I think your right. So why would you want to take that away? I mean I understand people wanting to take money away from our military (to give to something in the states) but your not just taking money away from troops and there families, your taking money away from the space program, weapons advancement, and taking tens of thousands of jobs from people who work at all the facilities like Northrop Grumman Corp, Boeing Co, Lockheed Martin Corp, Textron.

I am glad they are showing some profits. My dad works for textron and manages the building operations for most all of the helicopters that the military receives from the dallas plant. He also was on the first crew that began the v-22 osprey project. My father in law works as a lead engineer for the manned space program at lockheed martin.

If we don't continue to advance in these areas and grow our technology in these areas we are going to be in some serious trouble.

Russia is always growing there

Space Program

to compete with us. Luckily they are suffering right now from budget cuts like we are due to the economy worldwide.

But being ignorant to the fact that there are alot of people who don't like us and trying to get rid of all the things that have kept us on top is crazy.

I also have 2 brothers in law and a good friend that are marines and are stationed overseas. So I know about the hardship some are going through with having close family and friends in hostile areas but I also know that they are not getting crap for money to support there families here in the states.

Sorry about going on and on for awhile lol! It seems like all that I have posted about recently is religion or politics. Man I need to get back to learning mograph lol. Hopefully this political stuff will be over soon and people on this board will respect each other for there opinions.

But being ignorant to the fact that there are alot of people who don't like us and trying to get rid of all the things that have kept us on top is crazy.

Wow. And why do you think it is exactly that they don't like us? For our "Freedoms"? Because we're "The Greatest Nation On Earth"?

Speaking of being ignorant, you look and sound like an uneducated hick when you can't (or don't care to) differentiate between "their" and "there" or "your" and "you're", etc. Try brushing up on some basic grammar and spelling, then look into learning to think critically and examine things from several different viewpoints. Try to step outside yourself a bit. Unless that would make your head explode.

Wow. And why do you think it is exactly that they don't like us? For our "Freedoms"? Because we're "The Greatest Nation On Earth"?

Speaking of being ignorant, you look and sound like an uneducated hick when you can't (or don't care to) differentiate between "their" and "there" or "your" and "you're", etc. Try brushing up on some basic grammar and spelling, then look into learning to think critically and examine things from several different viewpoints. Try to step outside yourself a bit. Unless that would make your head explode.

Ah yes the almighty bashing on intelligence. Thanks for that, (did i put that comma in the right place) I guess that my poor grammar translates to lack of intelligence and critical thinking. Maybe one day my hick ass will be able to learn from your all great and mighty wiseness.

How about having a conversation with someone without showing how internet tough you are. How about not criticizing what you "think" someone's I.Q is and start actually trying to understand where someone's opinion is coming from. I have not once been rude or demeaning toward anyones intelligence. But because I have a different view on something that makes me unintelligent. Thats fine. I will pick up a book and read because I guess since I like military advancement and growth, love Christ, and am a republican I am not trying to advance my knowledge and expand my mind.

Cheers