Sign in to follow this  
graymachine

Oh come ON

From what I can tell, it looks like most of the works in question have been removed or altered. Redemption! Looks like there was a change of heart.

he's prob still selling them on revostock.

WOW! he even has the balls to use clips from well known movies in his templates. BALLSY!!

Edited by b_foote1

As much as we can agree on the ethics of professionalism here, there are certain things that constitute going "too far". Such as threats of violence, murder, or false accusations of unspeakable things.

Voicing your opinion is fine, but if I find that anyone here is taking this opportunity to threaten and intimidate some young mographer for doing something stupid, I will delete their account. My hope that this is coming from outside our own community.

Obviously, this is in response to an email I received from the owner of the site.

As much as we can agree on the ethics of professionalism here, there are certain things that constitute going "too far". Such as threats of violence, murder, or false accusations of unspeakable things.

Voicing your opinion is fine, but if I find that anyone here is taking this opportunity to threaten and intimidate some young mographer for doing something stupid, I will delete their account. My hope that this is coming from outside our own community.

Obviously, this is in response to an email I received from the owner of the site.

now that is just crazy. If it was anyone it was Kramer, that guys is a mad man. JK.

Ugh, seriously whoever sent that get a grip.

I sent one that said he may have a hard time getting work later on if he becomes known as a ripoff-artist, but I certainly didn't threaten him. Actually I'm really interested to hear what this threat was :lol:

Graymachine wasnt pointing fingers....he was just saying....

Yeah I understand that, I wasn't accusing him of accusing me or anything ;)

I was just saying that I am someone from this community who sent a message, but mine wasn't threatening, and whoever did send a threatening message needs to get a grip.

that's class A douchebaggery. Andrew Kramer's tutorials are amazing.....but i'll be damned if i just copied what he did for any project....and for some moron to change a few things and SELL them? utter DOOSHBAGGERY!

the purpose is to learn, not to copy or steal!

I doubt he's removed the offending projects, he's busy just tweaking the colours slightly more and using new pirated vector ornaments in the 3D layers instead

Technically then the projects are his - but if he's using Kramer's expressions that is taking the piss.

So, anything that uses any "techniques" or expressions from someone else is off-limits for resale?

I agree that a blatant ripoff of someone else's work is just wrong (even if legal), but creating something new using the technique from a tutorial is not an issue as far as I'm concerned.

There probably isn't anything that is truly unique any more...

Guest Sao_Bento
So, anything that uses any "techniques" or expressions from someone else is off-limits for resale?

I agree that a blatant ripoff of someone else's work is just wrong (even if legal), but creating something new using the technique from a tutorial is not an issue as far as I'm concerned.

There probably isn't anything that is truly unique any more...

We were waiting for you . . . cue the “nothing is original, anyway” poster, and ready the misattribution of “a good artist copies, a great artist steals”. . .

We were waiting for you . . . cue the “nothing is original, anyway” poster, and ready the misattribution of “a good artist creates, a great artist steals”. . .

Caught me in a cynical moment, eh? :)

Anyone who breaks copyright deserves death, but those who are simply unimaginative deserve pity. I think the whole exercise of "damning someone" for lack of creativity to be futile and a waste of time/effort.