Sign in to follow this  
pamunoz

Adobe updated their webstie to CS4

http://www.adobe.com/ap/

Are you excited?! yes, yes?

I'm on the "meh" end of things right at this point... prob cause I'm too tired to look into this further right now lol - but I'd like to see how well AE will work w/ 3D PSD layers.... and duh - the ability to keyframe x, y, and z values separately.

p.s. - I like the upgrade price tho. $899.00 USD, that is better than I thought, I can afford that... whew

Edited by pamunoz

Heh - I loved the detail about the hold music ('this is not America'...) Luckily I've not got any immediate need to convert footage to cartoon style - or export Indesign layouts to Flash either for that matter - otherwise it would be really expensive!

Roll on CS5...

content aware scaling, rotatable canvas and the interactive curves tool (click on the image and drag up and down, and it inserts a handle with the brightness value you have clicked and moves that up and down) - all nice in Photoshop

search fields on the timeline in AE - not bad

new 3D features - they are not selling these well for me, but maybe they will have their uses if they work well (reliable projection mapped objects?)

Seeing as I'm probably in a different boat than most on this board - doing mostly stuff for interactive/web delivery - the XFL addition (so long as it doesn't create nine billion symbols) and the revamps to Flash are very welcome changes.

http://www.adobe.com/ap/

Are you excited?! yes, yes?

I'm on the "meh" end of things right at this point... prob cause I'm too tired to look into this further right now lol - but I'd like to see how well AE will work w/ 3D PSD layers.... and duh - the ability to keyframe x, y, and z values separately.

p.s. - I like the upgrade price tho. $899.00 USD, that is better than I thought, I can afford that... whew

3D Objects from Photoshop in After Effects CS4

Also

After Effects CS4: Features

Edited by nybe

As I said in the other thread about the new features in After Effects CS4, I'm tracking various articles about the new features on my blog.

Very soon, all of the details about all of the changes will be posted in the After Effects CS4 Help document on the Web.

When I say "very soon", I mean that I just said "Hey, can't you just push the files right now?" to my production guy.

Very soon.

Mark Christianssen says lights do not affect objects, Adobe says "adjust lighting"

from the Help document that I'm itching to post:

"To paint on the textures of the 3D object, modify its material options, change its lighting, or otherwise edit the 3D object itself, you must return to Photoshop. The most convenient way to edit the original PSD file is by opening it in Photoshop with the Edit Original command in After Effects. "

I'm wondering if you have to reconnect to the psd file everytime you make a change to a PSD asset. It wouldn't be so bad if once you saved it in photoshop it updated in AE.. but right clicking and refreshing in AE could get annoying. It would take seconds. Who has time to waste like that?

Edited by HalogenBoy