Sign in to follow this  
ZeBrownie

Obama

What is it with all these Obama-bots in our field expressing their support so passionately by decorating their avatars with the Obama icon and spamming people with articles and videos about it. In a mainly liberal industry like ours is there even a point to do so? It's not like they need to convince really anybody. Or do these sheep uhm i mean people just look for social acceptance? Or are they on a subconscious guilt trip or just trying to compensate for something else?

Please tell me. This is a discussion forum so i'd like to discuss.

Guest Sao_Bento
What is it with all these Obama-bots in our field expressing their support so passionately by decorating their avatars with the Obama icon and spamming people with articles and videos about it. In a mainly liberal industry like ours is there even a point to do so? It's not like they need to convince really anybody. Or do these sheep uhm i mean people just look for social acceptance? Or are they on a subconscious guilt trip or just trying to compensate for something else?

Maybe you need to explain further, because I'm not seeing a bunch of people around here doing that.

Why would they do it? Because they don't want John McCain to be the president would be my guess.

Maybe you need to explain further, because I'm not seeing a bunch of people around here doing that.

Why would they do it? Because they don't want John McCain to be the president would be my guess.

And they don't want Palin to be a heart beat away from being President. I won't put anyone down for their choice because that's what democracy is about, but to answer your question Zebrownie, this is the most important elections in a long, long time. Look at the state of our economy and relationships around the world. Everybody should vote this year! I can't fault anyone for being passionate.

Lets not take any discussion started by zebrownie too seriously pls.

eed1db25caf4c85219f3be9e78674569ec8df867_m.jpg

I wonder if the PC crowd finds it more racist to have Obama on the front or the back of the bike. Sitting in the back of course is racist, but sitting in the front is racist too since he could be the chauffeur. Maybe having him on a bike at all is racist since it implies he can't afford a car. Let's put him a in a car, but make sure it's an appropriately upscale brand, but not a Cadillac or a Lincoln (racist), but still American made and not an SUV, but a hybrid with appropriately large enviro-badging...

scott, i believe you've tapped into a very important demographic

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/07/60-toyota-prius/

Nice. This reminds me of my recommendation for silliest bumper sticker of the year: "Prius Owners Against Bush." That sort of clears up the question whether someone bought their Prius out of environmental concern or over concern that they weren't broadcasting their moral superiority enough. I was thinking I could profit from some ideological warfare by selling bumper stickers that said "SUV Owners Against Prius Owners Against Bush" but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Kind of a moot subject in this forum...

baaaaa. baaaaaa.

graze........munch.......munch.....stare.....

baaaaaa.

poop.....munch.....

Actually any two party system can suck it (yeah there's other parties, but not really). More time is spent not being like the other than finding balanced solutions. But that being said, this year there is a clear choice in a boolean result:

Obama 08!

He should also end the embargo on Robertson screws. They are clearly superior.

I think if elected Obama should convert the United States to the metric system. I think that will boost the economy and make the rest of the world like us because we are all using the same ruler.

Kind of a moot subject in this forum...

well, i'll be voting for mccain...not because he's a good candidate...far from it....

it's just that, well, first, I'm from Texas..so i have to vote Republican, right?

second, I have a conceal carry permit and a bunch of "assault weapons"...so I need to protect my 2nd amendment right.

third, I am a business owner in a higher tax bracket and if Obama gets his way my taxes will go from 35% to only God knows

fourth, I'm one of those religious nut-jobs who thinks that life begins at conception and do not agree with blanket concessions for abortion.

fifth, I believe that judges should interpret the law not make law, and 'leftists' have a trend of using the legal system to legislate their brand of morality.

sixth, Obama has no experience as an executive and he's applying for an executive position...(note: neither does McCain or Biden)

seventh, Drill now, reduce the dependency on foreign oil, then spend money on alternative solutions.

....geez, i could keep going, but that should fan some flames.

;)

I just remember the Clinton years when pulling in 6 digits was a piece of cake

in mograph.

wish it could all come back. Yeah yeah, lucky bubble. no longer an option.

dream on.

Man i remember those years during clintons administration. Yea it was nice being homeless because of his massive military cuts forcing my dad to get out of the military (after 15 years) due to he could not feed us. Man those were great years.

well, i'll be voting for mccain...not because he's a good candidate...far from it....

it's just that, well, first, I'm from Texas..so i have to vote Republican, right?

second, I have a conceal carry permit and a bunch of "assault weapons"...so I need to protect my 2nd amendment right.

third, I am a business owner in a higher tax bracket and if Obama gets his way my taxes will go from 35% to only God knows

fourth, I'm one of those religious nut-jobs who thinks that life begins at conception and do not agree with blanket concessions for abortion.

fifth, I believe that judges should interpret the law not make law, and 'leftists' have a trend of using the legal system to legislate their brand of morality.

sixth, Obama has no experience as an executive and he's applying for an executive position...(note: neither does McCain or Biden)

seventh, Drill now, reduce the dependency on foreign oil, then spend money on alternative solutions.

;)

Thank you for that :) I thought I was alone

Guest Sao_Bento

I assumed it was a joke - a clear case of sarcasm.

I am in the same boat as you on those 3 issues. I live in Texas, My biz partner collects Class 3 assault weapons, and our tax bracket would get über fucked if Obama is in the white house. That being said. From a rational viewpoint, I'm willing to take it in the ass tax wise for a person that I feel has judgment and decency (and who says he'll put science and technology ahead in importance. Big win in my book)). Nobody on any of the tickets is qualified to be an executive (no not Palin either). I have full confidence that Obama and McCain would learn the executive ropes in the first couple months. After that it's about judgment. Yes judgment comes from experience but that is only in some cases. McCain has shown handily that despite years of experience he still makes bad decisions. So we already know his results from experience. Obama could fuck it up too. But at least he hasn't completely proven himself wrong time and again.

Also we've been meeting with CPAs all week to see what tax shelters we can hang under when Obama takes the stage :) Okay so I may be mildly conservative when it comes to money. But everything else not even close. I wish Obama wasn't so financially liberal, but I'll take it in exchange for the other things.

And lastly, before Palin my thought was "If McCain is in office, that'll be a bummer, but fuck it". But now that Palin is on the ticket, that makes it a CLEAR case why it would be putting this country into the dark ages when she takes over for McCain after he croaks on week one. Talk about the height of changing the laws to suit your "morals".

Dammnit. This stupid thread reeled me in. <_<

But at least Chiz and Mamurphy demonstrated (and where's Clint?) that ZeBrownie may be incorrect in assuming that it's only lefties on mograph boards. I also predict there are many like myself who are not really either one.