Sign in to follow this  
ZeBrownie

Obama

r a person that I feel has judgment and decency (and who says he'll put science and technology ahead in importance. Big win in my book)).

This directly affects my Father in law

Obama vs. Nasa

And I have 3 family members in the military (2 brothers in law and my dad) 2 of which are overseas. So I will vote McCain cause he is going to maintain the funding needed to feed there families. I don't care about any of the other polices. I care about my family and if that makes me a nut job then so be it but I will not vote for someone that could take money out of there pockets and put them in the same situation that I was in as a kid.

Guest Sao_Bento
This directly affects my Father in law <a href="http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2007/11/obama-pits-huma.html" target="_blank">

Obama vs. Nasa

</a>

And I have 3 family members in the military (2 brothers in law and my dad) 2 of which are overseas. So I will vote McCain cause he is going to maintain the funding needed to feed there families. I don't care about any of the other polices. I care about my family and if that makes me a nut job then so be it but I will not vote for someone that could take money out of there pockets and put them in the same situation that I was in as a kid.

dood - sell crack. It's the most popular way to "do what you had to do to survive".

Man i remember those years during clintons administration. Yea it was nice being homeless because of his massive military cuts forcing my dad to get out of the military (after 15 years) due to he could not feed us. Man those were great years.

Yeah, i also heard some guy had a very bad car-accident during the Clinton years, that really sucked.

So much for the dems and their moral superiority.

Guest Sao_Bento
Yeah, i also heard some guy had a very bad car-accident during the Clinton years, that really sucked.

So much for the dems and their moral superiority.

agreed.

I'm lurking, just not spending much time on the forums. Been playing around with XDCAM workflow and watching local bridges blow up. That and I try not to get caught up in political stuff while I'm at work, I see time spent on that as time my boss pays me for. I like him too much to let him down.

Then I get home and have two precious little boys under the age of two, so somehow the evenings manage to slip by without me getting much computer time :-) It's all diapers, Nemo, and Go Dogs, Go!

Cf

Canada is a democracy? Well i'll be damned! :blink:

I just want to take this opportunity to remind any fellow Canadians around here that there's an election going on in our country too. No, you can't vote for Obama.

I've not been on for a while, but I'll put my two cents in on this, since this topic has been tastefully re-located to the Lounge.

No matter what spin that stupid twat Sarah Palin wants to put on it, it's ALL about the past, this is the chance to understand what the last 8 years has cost us...(virtually everything in case you missed it) As far as the whole guns/abortion/gay marriage thing goes...It's not really the job of the president to give or take away those rights...that's what the Supreme Court is for. We shouldn't be voting for shit like that. The president's job is to run the country in terms of our military, financial and foreign policy. So what will McCain do about those things? Apparently he wants to stay in Iraq forever, give tax cuts to the wealthiest people so he can attempt to continue what Reagan started. And apparently he's bringing back the telegraph. We already know that the world doesn't respect us anymore...And for those of you with the "who cares what the rest of the world thinks, we're fuckin' America!" attitude, you better check yourself before you wreck yourself.

On taxes...yes, it's true that Obama will raise taxes (slightly) on small businesses. And he's going to raise my taxes too. But he's not going to raise taxes on the middle class. And taxes run this country...if you don't want to pay taxes for things like schools and roads and public safety then maybe you should move somewhere where you won't need those things. My husband is a small business owner, and he's for Obama. He thinks that the irresponsibility of the republican party over the last near decade is worse than higher taxes. And he's a fiscal conservative. The mentality of this country HAS to change.

Congress isn't off the hook either. Both the Dems and Repubs haven't been able to get their heads out of their collective asses. But I think that Obama has the qualities we need in a statesman to bring some coherence to our country again...and If I sound like a fanboi, so be it.