Sign in to follow this  
laughingcolors

Mccain, I"M NOT your friend

Speaking of "friends", if I had to hear McCain say "my friends" one more time last night I was gonna freak. It's also funny how he remembered every person's name that asked him a question except for the young black girl named Ingrid, which he obviously struggled with.

I never Knew that We were friends before last night...

thats just plain awsome.. does this mean I get to take My turn Banging Palin or is it going o be like a Lemon Party with me as a third leg?

The Rolling Stone article on him shows a very different persona from the way he trys to portray himself.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstor...eal_john_mccain

I hate politics, but just to play devil's advocate, here's one person's response to that article...

"This would be the same Rolling Stone that slagged the return to the moon program several years back with lies, innuendo and ignorance?

Published by the same guy that published the US magazine smear on Governor Palin?

I'll read the article - but since they fired PJ O'Rourke their investigative journalism cred has sunk pretty low."

There are always several sides to any story - since most "stories" are subjective to begin with.

Guest Sao_Bento
I hate politics, but just to play devil's advocate, here's one person's response to that article...

"This would be the same Rolling Stone that slagged the return to the moon program several years back with lies, innuendo and ignorance?

Published by the same guy that published the US magazine smear on Governor Palin?

I'll read the article - but since they fired PJ O'Rourke their investigative journalism cred has sunk pretty low."

There are always several sides to any story - since most "stories" are subjective to begin with.

You can say that it's a hatchet job in terms of characterization, but the events of his life aren't really up for debate. Maybe it's just my ignorance of his life story, but I found it interesting and quite at odds with the "war hero" persona.

I prefer this article over the Rolling Stone article: The Worst Debate Ever.

"The day after leaves behind a puzzle: How the hell did candidates manage to be so timid and uninspiring at a time when American troops are in two problematic wars, the world financial markets are in scary free fall and the Dow has lost 1,400 points since Oct. 1? This is a moment history rarely sees – and both men blew it."

I prefer this article over the Rolling Stone article: The Worst Debate Ever.

"The day after leaves behind a puzzle: How the hell did candidates manage to be so timid and uninspiring at a time when American troops are in two problematic wars, the world financial markets are in scary free fall and the Dow has lost 1,400 points since Oct. 1? This is a moment history rarely sees – and both men blew it."

I agree. Answers from both of them were total groaners off and on. Instead of telling me your life story ONE MORE TIME when someone asks you "what don't you know?" how about using that as an opportunity to give us some insight into your leadership skills regarding the unknown?

I think the debate would've been much more interesting if it was a true "town hall" debate - informal questions from real people, off-the-cuff. And for god's sake, make the questions a little more interesting - far from the regurgitated topics that they've been answering from day one. It was obvious, with so many "rules" in place, that both campaigns were afraid of screwing up.

Damn. Enough politiking for me.

Speaking of "friends", if I had to hear McCain say "my friends" one more time last night I was gonna freak. It's also funny how he remembered every person's name that asked him a question except for the young black girl named Ingrid, which he obviously struggled with.

And told Oliver, a black gentleman, that he probably never heard of Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac before this crisis. I'm not claiming it was racist. But certainly a tactical error on his part because many will claim it was. So from last night a more conspiratorially inclined person sees that white old dudes like "Alan" get McCains full attention the whole time. Whereas the black folk in the room are "Probably ignorant of financial institutes", "That one", and "What's her name". And he only stood and talked to Oliver just long enough to belittle him a little.

4+ years of mcain / palin would be so ironic

Not only ironic, but I wouldn't be surprised. I saw this old guy with a McCain sticker tag on his car, I wanted to punch him in the face. I mean seriously. You're a RePUKElican, great, but can't you see what's happening? Just for the last 8 years of Bush I would turn independent.

Politics is bullshit. I'd rather get wasted ;)

Its obvious McCains a dick though..it became glaringly apparent during the GOP debates, especially the one in LA. He was so angry at Romney i thought he would pass-out like he did when he was a child.