Sign in to follow this  
Echo

Particular to a null

Thanks for the link up graymachine - just one thing to note that I don't mention in the video, is that Particular Emitter Z position has a max of like 30,000 (i think that's what i remember hitting...) So if you have some HUGE scene that you need to fly through, keep that in mind when structuring your scene in AE.

Edit: I've only hit the max once since Particular was released, and I use it all the time, so suffice it to say it's rare :)

c

Edited by chriskelley

Thanks for the link up graymachine - just one thing to note that I don't mention in the video, is that Particular Emitter Z position has a max of like 30,000 (i think that's what i remember hitting...) So if you have some HUGE scene that you need to fly through, keep that in mind when structuring your scene in AE.

Edit: I've only hit the max once since Particular was released, and I use it all the time, so suffice it to say it's rare :)

c

Sounds right. I think this applies to all axes. I seem to remember hitting this in the Y axis with a global zoom I did in Cinema.

I have my emitter linked to a null with the x,y and z positions... but I have the 3d Orbit preset from Video Copilot added to the null... Right now the particles are circling as I want them to but when I parent the null(emitterNull) to another element (controllerNull) and add keyframes to the controllerNull to it pulls the emitterNull, but not the ACTUAL particular emitter... I am trying to create a falling stream of particles orbiting around a jpg. (think santa's sleigh leaving a trail of glitter as it circles an apt. bldg.)

R

I am just pulling my hair out here trying to figure this out. :( I have a problem relating to parenting the locator that particular uses to another locator. When doing so (even to a new locator in 2D or 3D mode at 0,0,0 with no keyframes) it totally throws my other locator out into space.

Here is a link to the file (sans footage) if you'd like to see for yourself: http://abramhodgens.com/pub/parenting-expression-problem.aep

This is what i'm trying to do: exported a null and camera out of Maya, linked up particular just like video, but i need to animate the particles to audio while it follows the path. Take a look at the aep and let me know if i'm overlooking something. The client is breathing down my neck. yikes!

Any help would be greatly appropriated! :) thanks!