Sign in to follow this  
jan

F****** glossy

http://www.apple.com/

Q: Concern about the glossy screens. Are you going to offer another option?

A: Steve: We're going all glass -- we won't offer another version. Phil: You offset the reflection by the brightness, and consumers love it. One of the great things about a notebook is you can turn it however you want!

This is the REAL crisis!

I like the black border and will hold off on judging the glossy until I see it in person. Why not black, if not then you would have the metal bezel like I have now? Is the metal prettier?

Wheee! Apple releases three new things today and I don't want any of them! I'm free! Free I tell you! FREE!

LOL!

Run, run for the hills!

They almost got me with the new iPhone, but in the end I decided that keeping my current phone and getting an iPod Touch was better for me... so far I was right.

An apple laptop without firewire is just... confusing :blink:

Especially on the pro? wow.

usb3.0 needs to hurry up an get here.

The Pro still has FW. It's the Macbooks that lost it. What about all the people who still have video cams using FW for transfer? Yeah, I know...buy buy buy :P

-gl

Noooo.... Where's the Blu-Ray, where is the huge solid state drives, and glossy - I hate glossy, maybe they will make a non glare clear film to go over it like they have for the iphone. Completely disappointed....

If this was digg.com I'm about to get buried. But I like the glossy. Obviously glossy is a reflection. I generally find places to sit or put the laptop at angles that minimize reflections. If I'm going to have a glare, I don't like it if it's diffused (non glossy) or sharp (Glossy) either way. I just find dark places behind me and minimize it. What do I LIKE about glossy? It doesn't seem as dingy. Makes it seem cleaner and sharper.

I like 'em.

I don't need a laptop for heavy work as I like others here have a Mac Pro. I do need however, a laptop for meetings, going away, and just general use - so these new ones are ideal. I'm fine with a glossy display - as Chris said, they're nice and bright and sharp - great for showing off approval graphics and proofs to clients, great for watching DVD's in a hotel room etc..

These aren't high-end workstations - let's stop treating them as such, they're consumer/prosumer notebooks at best.

Yeah, Apple needed to upgrade these alot more. Can't they just get over the whole glossy screen and thickness issue and give professionals a machine which uses current available parts/kit for todays work. Consumers are all what's on Apple's minds at the moments. Piff to 'em.

What do I LIKE about glossy? It doesn't seem as dingy. Makes it seem cleaner and sharper.

"seem" being a keyword in the definition of perceived value