Sign in to follow this  
chirp454

New Website Need Feedback

the reflections do not make sense, considering everything stacked on top of each other. Also if you are intent on keeping them i would be more consistent in how you make them, i count about 4 different looks in the way they were created

i agree with the reflections sentiment, and would also like to add that I would lose the "Trouble viewing? Try: Firefox", or at least move to the bottom. With a site that simple I doubt anybody will have any trouble, and having it as the 2nd thing on the page seems strange.

Hi! I'm running windows xp and can't see your quicktimes on firefox, works well on internet explorer though. Quicktime v7.5.5

I also don't understand why would you want to to give so much relevance to «Trouble viewing? Try: Firefox»

#1 thing missing to me: branding - where is it?

this is totally subjective, but the "logo" animation + signature combo on the front of your reel feels really dated.

in terms of site design, there really isn't any except for the glow, which should be removed. I can appreciate a minimalistic perspective, but in some cases it can look like one is shying away from any design because either (1) there's a lack of design understanding, (2) they're afraid of making a "mistake", or (3) they don't want to be pigeonholed.

in your site's case, everything is under-designed, including the font, which could come across like you don't care. personally, I think if you reworked your personal branding and chose a direction on site design/layout, it could possibly distract a potential employer from whatever deficiencies there may be on the actual portfolio content... I'm not saying anything about your content, I'm just saying that showing a little graphic design sensibility can go a long way.

[pant pant]

no harm intended here, esp since my own site sucks ass. just an observation.