Sign in to follow this  
silatix

Voting day

this discussion could have gotten so much better if it was permitted to.....imo. I think the use of imagery Zebrownie used was drastic and ridiculous, but everyone missed the point. Alot of people's expectations of Obama are so high it's a little crazy.....look, I voted for him...and I hope for the good of the country he does does great. But people are Obama-crazed right now....you believe in him.....and when someone rags on him you get totally offended? Or someone says that you're crazy for having such high expectations of an individual and....? hmm. sounds farmiliar.......

maybe i'm way off base...

Guest Sao_Bento
this discussion could have gotten so much better if it was permitted to.....imo. I think the use of imagery Zebrownie used was drastic and ridiculous, but everyone missed the point. Alot of people's expectations of Obama are so high it's a little crazy.....look, I voted for him...and I hope for the good of the country he does does great. But people are Obama-crazed right now....you believe in him.....and when someone rags on him you get totally offended? Or someone says that you're crazy for having such high expectations of an individual and....? hmm. sounds farmiliar.......

maybe i'm way off base...

Saying you disagree with his policy or whatever is one thing, when you start equating someone to Hitler, that's not really the same. It's not a starting point from which intelligent conversation comes. I think you're falling for the right wing propaganda (as you said, we already know you're gullible). No one that I know expects anything from Obama except not to be Bush. The Jesus candidate, walk on water bullshit is exactly that - something cooked up by Rush Limbaugh in a half-witted attempt to mock the winner, not a realistic depiction of the majority of people's expectations.

uh, I read what he wrote.....he didn't equate Obama to Hitler....he said the movement, or the way people are following him reminded him of the way people started following hitler...

and like i said....using hitler in any reference isn't cool, but look at the way people are acting...No one that you know expects anything from Obama except not to be Bush? are you kidding? You must live in a bubble. You have Oprah screaming on her show, every news channel going nutts and tons of reguar people who are completely enamored with him. He's already being compared to JFK....now tell me you haven't heard that? Tell me you aren't drawn in when he talks.....because I am. Tell me you you don't have hopes for him to be great and to change this country....because I do. You know that feeling...imagine having that all the time.

I don't remember admitting that I'm gullible. You may assume too much. I just see the same discussion in from the Joe the Plumber thread here...except the rolls are different. you get offended for what Zebrownie said about Obama?...what about something you know is a little more important to people like their faith?

Edited by anthonyc

Guest Sao_Bento
uh, I read what he wrote.....he didn't equate Obama to Hitler....he said the movement, or the way people are following him reminded him of the way people started following hitler...

and like i said....using hitler in any reference isn't cool, but look at the way people are acting...No one that you know expects anything from Obama except not to be Bush? are you kidding? You must live in a bubble. You have Oprah screaming on her show, every news channel going nutts and tons of reguar people who are completely enamored with him. He's already being compared to JFK....now tell me you haven't heard that? Tell me you aren't drawn in when he talks.....because I am. Tell me you you don't have hopes for him to be great and to change this country....because I do. You know that feeling...imagine having that all the time.

I don't remember admitting that I'm gullible. You may assume too much. I just see the same discussion in from the Joe the Plumber thread here...except the rolls are different. you get offended for what Zebrownie said about Obama?...what about something you know is a little more important to people like their faith?

I'm only offended at the suggestion that there was any potential for intelligent conversation in this thread.

I'm glowing with happiness so much that ZB could literally leave a load in my doorway and I wouldn't mind. Really. Things are so good right now, no bonehead with a brain of a pea like this guy is going to bother me. I literally break up in tears twice a day over this election, every day since. All it takes is to visualize Colin Powell about to cry like a baby, or to remember the sound of the Europeans who're so proud of us at long last to make me lose it. I might do it right after I write this. High expectations? Who cares about what he does. Just as a symbol, just as what he stands for, he creates positive change that'll last for twenty or thirty years. He brings good people into politics. He changes opinions about a very long-suppressed part of our country. He heals wounds that needed to be healed. He pushes the bad people into a very small, very ugly corner where they'll have a hard time escaping from. This is what I said in a post here a long time ago. This is why I voted for him (not for any specific policy in these next 4 years, though he's proven that he's got the stuff to do the smart things). This is what I still think is going to happen. It doesn't take any work on his part, just being in the job he's in. It's not a task with a big margin for error, just the necessity to stand, breathe, and be. Standing, breathing and being, yep, those are some high expectations, and yet from them I expect the highest things.

Ex-fuckin-zactly. I'm happy to just have him be there.

It doesn't take any work on his part, just being in the job he's in. It's not a task with a big margin for error, just the necessity to stand, breathe, and be. Standing, breathing and being, yep, those are some high expectations, and yet from them I expect the highest things.

The last time i checked on Obama's policies they were pretty much the same as Bush's. But most of the blind liberals and the hip designers only hear the campaign slogans and see the cool looking posters and that's enough for them to believe change is coming. Talk about denial.

- He voted for the Bailout

- He voted for FISA

- He's in favor of the AIPAC zionists (http://www.aipac.org/about_AIPAC/Learn_About_AIPAC/2841_12181.asp) which means more Israel interests in the middle-east and probably more wars.

- He's distancing himself from pulling our troops back home within the next 1-2 years even though that was a major campaign point. My brother is in Iraq.

- He's talking about expanding troops in Afghanistan and probably extending the war into Pakistan as well.

- More government expansion and more of our taxmoney bailing out the banking crooks.

And the list goes on. But it's OK when Obama does it. Because he's black and he uses the word change more often than changing his underwear.

And then there are people like govinda shedding some tears over Obama makes me want to puke. That's exactly what i was referring to with the Hitler movement and what anthonyc is saying.

I'll come back to this thread in one or two years to bump it up and see where we're at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU0_qu8cIjo

YesWeCan_Stalin.gif

Edited by ZeBrownie

No reason to ban someone when you can just ignore him. And for anyone who chooses to reply, please don't include his quotes in your reply. I have no desire to know what this person says. He's not worth a second of my time.

20081108-dje89q1yi6k2wnj9pbabsq7xrk.jpg

No reason to ban someone when you can just ignore him. And for anyone who chooses to reply, please don't include his quotes in your reply. I have no desire to know what this person says. He's not worth a second of my time.

I told you. DENIAL.

:D

I guess when you can't argue on the points i made before then lets just ignore me. You probably didn't even know Obama voted pro FISA.

And look at this http://change.gov/americaserves

Sounds just like the Stasi but whatever. I'll let you shed some more tears for your messiah.

Edited by ZeBrownie

*sigh* i say DOOOOOSH, an over exaggerated form of douche. why is everything so over analyzed in this forum!

yeah, kick the guy below you in esteem on the mograph board, thats what jesus would do

douche!

but the hitler analogy is overblown and an insult to holocaust survivors

any word from obama on gitmo

Edited by jablinko

yeah, kick the guy below you in esteem on the mograph board, thats what jesus would do

douche!

I didn't know my mograph self-esteem was so low......maybe you can lend me one of your zoloft's.

Ignored and ditto.

I agree. Ignoring someone is much more powerful than a ban :)

He has been added to my ignore list.