Sign in to follow this  
silatix

Voting day

I'll be adding him to the ignore list as well. The fact that anyone has the nerve to compare someone to fucking HITLER should just die.

Aww how cute of you. Fascism comes in many flavors apparently. Didn't you ever see the mograph piece "What Barry Says"?

If you liberals can associate the Bush administration to Hitler then let's look at some of the Obama parallels and how it all started.

I'm not saying he is you idiot but the whole messianic glorification and movement is. The entire campaign is a slick machinery that closely reminds of the soviet propaganda era.

And with his CitizenCorp i bet you'll be one of his neighbor watch brigade. The Stasi would be proud.

Ahh, the first Sunday after the election, breakfast with a friend who spent the last week in Florida working the election, then a good two hours to surround myself with newspapers and revel in this thing. Three senate seats are still out, Minnesota, Alaska and Georgia. The first two are slight Dem edges, the last would require a miracle.

So the total would stand at 59 Dems in the senate, which is roughly veto-proof on many issues considering that Obama's large winning margin would mean that Chuck Hagel, Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins, Arlen Spector and Dick Lugar will sometimes pitch in a vote, while on the Dem side if Obama had barely won there'd be more frequent defections by Ben Nelson, the other Nelson, Ken Salazar, Mark Pryor and a few other conservative Dems. The final vote count mattered.

You're right. It is a lot better when you use the ignore feature ;)

They're referring to this election as a democratic psunami. All kinds of rep's were ousted..

Ahh, the first Sunday after the election, breakfast with a friend who spent the last week in Florida working the election, then a good two hours to surround myself with newspapers and revel in this thing. Three senate seats are still out, Minnesota, Alaska and Georgia. The first two are slight Dem edges, the last would require a miracle.

So the total would stand at 59 Dems in the senate, which is roughly veto-proof on many issues considering that Obama's large winning margin would mean that Chuck Hagel, Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins, Arlen Spector and Dick Lugar will sometimes pitch in a vote, while on the Dem side if Obama had barely won there'd be more frequent defections by Ben Nelson, the other Nelson, Ken Salazar, Mark Pryor and a few other conservative Dems. The final vote count mattered.

The big boots to:

Virgil Goode (R-Va): After Keith Ellison of Minnesota was elected to Congress, Goode went on public rants about our immigration policies. Ellison, you see, is a Muslim. I believe he was sworn in using the Bible, but in a second, private ceremony he was photographed with his hand on the Koran, actually a copy of the Koran once owned by Thomas Jefferson. Here's what Goode said about that:

I do not subscribe to using the Koran in any way. The Muslim Representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district and if American citizens don’t wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Koran.

Marilyn Musgrave (R-Co): Already noted, the stupidest member of Congress, a small-minded book-burning radical fundamentalist. Beaten by Betsy Markey.

Elizabeth Dole (R-NC): Spent her last days running the filthiest ads ever seen in politics, in which she actually faked the voice of her challenger, Kay Hagen, saying 'There is no God.' Dole had never been particularly evil until then. In fact, she's never been much of anything. She was considered a Presidential contender at one point in the 90s, but her apparent laziness and lack of initiative in Congress coupled with her utter failure as leader of the Republican Senate reelection apparatus doomed her.

Vito Fossella (R-NY): Caught drunk driving in 2007, it was soon revealed that he'd been living a dual life all along, with a second relationship (child included).

Ted Stevens (R-Ak): He's probably going down as more votes get counted, but he wouldn't serve if he won because he was convicted last week of corruption charges. Everyone should know this guy by now--he's the guy who once said, 'The Internet is a series of tubes!'

And for the really obscure, there was Bill Sali (R-ID) who protested the Minimum Wage bill last year by introducing a bill to revoke gravity. Don't ask. He was another Republican nutbag who got beat, so who cares.

Sadly, Michelle Bachmann (R-Mn), Jean Schmidt (R-In), and a bunch of other lunatics kept their seats. The worst of them, James Inhofe (R-Ok), the global warming denialist idiot, won in a landslide in Oklahoma, and when you combine him with the whackjob Tom Coburn (R-Ok), you have to hand it to Oklahama for electing not one but two complete shitbags. Ah well, they can sit on the sidelines for at least two years fuming.

It's funny, a lot of this is reminding me of when Tony Blair came in in the UK after 18 years of right-wing rule. Rock stars & popular culture figures were lining up to be seen with the guy, the expectations and optimism were sky high. The list of ousted nutters reminded me of how people in the UK stayed up that night to watch their most despised MPs lose their seats, a common question was 'did you stay up for Portillo', Portillo being a particularly smug (although it's turned out he's rather intelligent) member of the ousted party, who lost his 'safe' seat in an extremely posh part of London.

It doesn't last of course, or it didn't for us at any rate - in the UK we're in the cynical ugly stage now, but it was a damn fun ride for a while and the popular mandate meant that there was scope for some really radical and effective work and ... dare I say it ... change ;-)

Have fun - C

Edited by ChrisC

After 8 years of George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and party, someone with half a brain and a modicum of decency is all the change I need or expect. We have higher expectations from Obama than from our current administration because the current administration has so completely and royally FUCKED us - Your brother is in Iraq? Thank Bush. We have bigger government than ever, thank Bush. We have a near trillion dollar deficit, thank Bush. Obama voted for the bailout because he had to...and WHOM do you suppose is for less oversight of the free-market? And WHY do you suppose we needed a bailout? Even Al Greenspan said so, we can no longer trust the free-market to hold it's shareholders best interests at heart...why? Because the free market is full of greedy motherfuckers who voted for George W. Bush so they could keep their exorbitant tax cuts, while the rest of us pay their bills - Literally. If you knew anything about what you're talking about, you would know that we HAD to "finance" those companies...Unless you wanted another depression type economy. I didn't want those assholes to get a dime either, but I have the sense to learn about why it had to be.

Sounds to me like you're just a sore loser, and you want to piss in everyone else's cheerios dude. Sounds to me like your candidate had his turn, and he fucked you and all of your fellow countrymen. Sounds to me like YOU are the one with blinders on. Not the people that you're saying are following a Messiah like Obama...First, I don't believe in a god - or the return of one, so that argument is pointless. Second, i don't think it's wrong to feel optimistic about our soon-to-be president elect. Especially since I voted for him.

I'm not going to ignore you...you have every right to be mad...I just think you're mad at the wrong guy.

OMG People are out of their mind i told you: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/262183

"National Holiday for Obama in the Works

The Topeka-Capital Journal announced on Sunday that planning is underway for an Obama holiday. This isn’t a hoax. Several blogs around the nation have picked up the story. “Yes We Can” rallies have a goal to secure a national holiday for Obama."

And I'm the one being attacked here.

20080626-8en6sf5y6bp2bhckdd84qa34gf.jpg

OMG People are out of their mind i told you: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/262183

"National Holiday for Obama in the Works

The Topeka-Capital Journal announced on Sunday that planning is underway for an Obama holiday. This isn’t a hoax. Several blogs around the nation have picked up the story. “Yes We Can” rallies have a goal to secure a national holiday for Obama."

And I'm the one being attacked here.

20080626-8en6sf5y6bp2bhckdd84qa34gf.jpg

"Yes We Can” rallies have a goal to secure a national holiday for Obama. Planning sessions will be held every Tuesday morning and Tuesday evening at a downtown McDonald’s restaurant in Topeka." WOW...THEY HOLD MEETINGS AT McDONALDS.

lol ZeBrowie. Being a troll is OK in my books. Failing at being a troll isn't. Try again when you're not such a pathetic waste of space.

It's funny, a lot of this is reminding me of when Tony Blair came in in the UK after 18 years of right-wing rule. Rock stars & popular culture figures were lining up to be seen with the guy, the expectations and optimism were sky high. The list of ousted nutters reminded me of how people in the UK stayed up that night to watch their most despised MPs lose their seats, a common question was 'did you stay up for Portillo', Portillo being a particularly smug (although it's turned out he's rather intelligent) member of the ousted party, who lost his 'safe' seat in an extremely posh part of London.

It doesn't last of course, or it didn't for us at any rate - in the UK we're in the cynical ugly stage now, but it was a damn fun ride for a while and the popular mandate meant that there was scope for some really radical and effective work and ... dare I say it ... change ;-)

Have fun - C

you have to wonder what blair would have been like paired up with obama not bush