Sign in to follow this  
Duder

Kanye West

UGH. ;)

LONDON – Kanye West is to music what Michael Jordan was to basketball — at least that's what West thinks, in his humble estimation.

"I realize that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice," he said in an interview on Wednesday. "It's me settling into that position of just really accepting that it's one thing to say you want to do it and it's another thing to really end up being like Michael Jordan."

The Grammy-winning rapper-producer said Justin Timberlake had a chance to be music's MVP, but hasn't put out enough material. (Timberlake's last album was in 2006, while West released a CD last year and is releasing his latest — "808s and Heartbreak" — on Nov. 24.)

"There were people who had the potential to do it but they went on vacation, so when Justin went on vacation I made albums," he said. "And it just came out to be that."

West, 31, said life has been difficult since his mother's death. Donda West died last November after having plastic surgery.

"I'm just going through balancing that. And I always used to have that support system, you know. My mom would be there; no matter what, she was there before everything," he said. "We were together for like 30 years. And you know now when I'm on that stage and I look out and I say, 'What am I going to do with the rest of my life?' Like when does a real life start?' Because I have sacrificed real life to be a celebrity and to give this art to people, which is great. It is great that I was able to do that, I'm not trying to shun that in any way, but it's definitely a Catch-22 and it's bittersweet."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081113/ap_en_...ople_kanye_west

------------------------------

What a douche.

haha, there's nothing wrong with confidence. Infact he's probably the best hip-hop artist out right now. I happen to like his music and attitude alot....more so then anyone else putting out that style of music. Also he's more than music, he thinks about the whole package artistically....shit most of the stuff he writes in his blog are about fashion and art...which is a far cry from the gangsta rap, gun toting, drug peddling, bounce that ass garbage that is being replicated over and over again from the 90's.

UGH. ;)

LONDON – Kanye West is to music what Michael Jordan was to basketball — at least that's what West thinks, in his humble estimation.

"I realize that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice," he said in an interview on Wednesday. "It's me settling into that position of just really accepting that it's one thing to say you want to do it and it's another thing to really end up being like Michael Jordan."

The Grammy-winning rapper-producer said Justin Timberlake had a chance to be music's MVP, but hasn't put out enough material. (Timberlake's last album was in 2006, while West released a CD last year and is releasing his latest — "808s and Heartbreak" — on Nov. 24.)

"There were people who had the potential to do it but they went on vacation, so when Justin went on vacation I made albums," he said. "And it just came out to be that."

West, 31, said life has been difficult since his mother's death. Donda West died last November after having plastic surgery.

"I'm just going through balancing that. And I always used to have that support system, you know. My mom would be there; no matter what, she was there before everything," he said. "We were together for like 30 years. And you know now when I'm on that stage and I look out and I say, 'What am I going to do with the rest of my life?' Like when does a real life start?' Because I have sacrificed real life to be a celebrity and to give this art to people, which is great. It is great that I was able to do that, I'm not trying to shun that in any way, but it's definitely a Catch-22 and it's bittersweet."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081113/ap_en_...ople_kanye_west

------------------------------

What a douche.

How can i ignore this idiot?

I don't see how it's blind confidence. He makes great music, he's fashionable, and he's not afraid to say what's on his mind.....truth is his attitude rubs people the wrong way, I don't see that as a problem with him.

I don't see how it's blind confidence. He makes great music, he's fashionable, and he's not afraid to say what's on his mind.....truth is his attitude rubs people the wrong way, I don't see that as a problem with him.

For a second i thought you were talking 'bout me.

haha, there's nothing wrong with confidence. Infact he's probably the best hip-hop artist out right now. I happen to like his music and attitude alot....more so then anyone else putting out that style of music. Also he's more than music, he thinks about the whole package artistically....shit most of the stuff he writes in his blog are about fashion and art...which is a far cry from the gangsta rap, gun toting, drug peddling, bounce that ass garbage that is being replicated over and over again from the 90's.

I'm starting to think you're a troll too ;)

the gangsta rap, gun toting, drug peddling, bounce that ass garbage that is being replicated over and over again from the 90's.

Ummm thats like the best shit out there! lol

Give me WuTang, Smif N Wessun, Black Moon, Nas (illmatic nas), or Big L over ANYTHING on the radio now!!

and for non 90's i like more of the underground... like some Zion-I or Deep Rooted.

My $0.02

Edited by nhowe

I'm starting to think you're a troll too ;)

lol @ being a troll for liking kanye. lord I'd like to see what is in your playlist.

WuTang - hasn't put out shit since "forever", the best thing to come out of Wu is Ghostface period. The first Rza and Gza cds are fantastic. I can go on and on about them.

Smif N Wessun - lol....eh.

Black Moon - Love em, although Mos Def's finest work is 'black on both sides'

Nas (illmatic nas), - nas isn't all that great man, his songs all sound the same....most of his stuff is un-listenable. Jay-z is far better than him

Big L - I never got into him really....i was really into pac and by the time Big L got big he was gone already.

Haha, Kanye West is such a douche.

I can seen how you would give him Jesus-like status.

the only person I give Jesus status to is Jesus....I like kanye's music and I think he's refreshing to the genre of music he's in.

your comments are quite retarded. do you usually think about what you write or just act like a.....douche?

Edited by anthonyc

He has drive, and that's always impressive, but comparing himself to Jordan is so wrong on so many levels. I suppose you could compare his last album to Jordan's attempt at Baseball/Golf but that's about where the comparison ends. First of all, the hubris is off-putting as has been mentioned. Secondly, it's just wrong. Kanye just doesn't have Jordan's natural talent. He had to work very hard to create a cocky fashion rapper image to cover up for the fact that that while he's certainly talented, he plays second fiddle to the ability of a lot of other artists out there right now. And if he's the loudest voice of these past few years, he may have been shouting the loudest, but that doesn't automatically make him the prodigy he believes himself to be.

i haven't seen anyone as creative as he's been in the past few years. I don't think his lyrical skills are the best, but overall creativity, production and final product....I just don't see anyone on his level right now.

Via the KanyeBlog in response to the miserable show he put on at Bonnaroo:

I am sick of negative people who just sit around trying 2 plot my downfall... Why???? I understand if people don't like me because I like me or if people think tight clothes look gay or people say I run my mouth to much, But this Bonnaroo thing is the worst insult I've ever had in my life. This is the most offended I've ever been... this is the maddest I ever will be. I'm typing so fucking hard I might break my fucking Mac book Air!!!!!!!! Call me any name you want.... arrogant, conceited, narcissistic, racist, metro, fag whatever you can think of.... BUT NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL! NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL! THIS SHOWS NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY TO BE GOOD AT SOMETHING THERE WILL BE PEOPLE THERE TO LIE ABOUT YOU AND BRING YOU DOWN! LIKE WAYNE SAYS PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME DOWN CAUSE I'M FLYING! I'M FUCKING HURT BY THIS ONE. ALL I CARE ABOUT ARE THE FANS. JUST SAY THIS OUT LOUD IN A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE, "KANYE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT GIVING A GOOD PERFORMANCE." CAN ANYONE HONESTLY SAY THAT ????????? HAS ANYONE EVEN TAKEN THE TIME TO AT LEAST DO THE MATH??? BONNAROO SHOULD HAVE RELEASED A STATEMENT IN MY DEFENSE BUT SINCE THEY HAVEN'T LET'S BREAK DOWN THE WALLS ON THIS TRUMAN SHOW AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY OCCURRED!!! FOR OVER A MONTH WE WENT BACK AND FORTH ON WETHER OR NOT WE COULD EVEN FIT MY STAGE AT THE FESTIVAL. ONE DAY THEY WOULD SAY YES... WE'D SEND THEM OUR SPECS THEN THEY THEY'D SAY OK... THEN THEY WOULD SEND SPECS BACK THAT DIDN'T FIT THE STAGE. WE WERE OBVIOUSLY DEALING WITH FUCKING IDIOTS WHO DIDN'T REALLY HAVE THE CAPACITY TO REALLY PUT ON THIS SHOW PROPERLY. THEY TRIED 2 GIVE ME A TIME SLOT WERE IT WAS STILL LIGHT OUTSIDE ... I HAVE A FUCKING LIGHT SHOW DUMB ASS, IT'S NOT CALLED GLOW IN THE DARK FOR NO REASON SQUID BRAINS! MY PEOPLE WORKED OUT A COMPROMISED STAGE PLOT AND A 3AM TIME SLOT AND I AGREED. FAST FOWARD TO THE DAY OF THE SHOW. MY PRODUCTION MANAGER TRIED TO LOAD IN FOR 24 HOURS BEFORE I WENT ON STAGE BUT THE FESTIVAL WOULDN'T ALLOW US TO DO ANYTHING UNTILL PEARL JAM LEFT THE STAGE. PEARL JAM ENDED ONE HOUR

LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT THAT POINT WE'RE RACING AGAINST THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT 4:20AM DON COMES BACK 2 THE BUS AND TELLS ME, " IT WOULD TAKE 45 MORE MINUTES TO PUT ALL YOUR PYRO IN!" I SAY I HAVE TO GET OUT THERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE . I HIT THE STAGE AND PEOPLE HAD BEEN THROWING SHIT ON THE STAGE AND HAD ACTUALLY HIT THE JANE SCREEN WITH, I GUESS BOTTLES OR SOMETHING AND HAD BROKEN MY FUCKING SCREEN. REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE A SHORTY AND WATER WOULD HIT THE TV?????? WHEN I GOT 2 "THROUGH THE WIRE" I STEPPED ON THE FRONT PART OF MY STAGE AND THERE WAS SO MUCH LIQUID ON THE STAGE I COULDN'T MOVE WITHOUT SLIPPING. I HAD TO ADJUST MY WHOLE PERFORMANCE STYLE BECAUSE OF IT. A FEW MORE SONGS IN AND THE SONG WAS ON IT'S WAY UP.. I CUT A FEW SONGS FROM THE SET BECAUSE I WANTED PEOPLE 2 EXPERIENCE STRONGER WHILE THERE WAS STILL SOME DARKNESS TO PERFORM IT IN. I'VE STRUGGLED WITH STRONGER FROM IT'S CONCEPTION. REMEMBER LAST SUMMER WHEN I CANCELED SOME TV APPEARANCES. IT WAS BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO PERFORM STRONGER IN THE DAYTIME. ANYONE WHO CAME TO THE GLOW TOUR CAN UNDERSTAND WHY I WANTED PEOPLE TO SEE IT PROPERLY. IT BROKE MY HEART THAT I COULDN'T GIVE THESE FANS STRONGER IN IT'S GREATEST FORM... BY THE TIME I GOT TO STRONGER IT WAS DAYTIME AND IT BROKE MY HEART. I'M SORRY TO EVERYONE THAT I DIDN'T HAVE THE ABILITY 2 GIVE THE PERFORMANCE I WANTED TO. I'M SORRY... SOMETIMES I GO 2, 3 DAYS W/O SLEEP WORKING ON MY PERFORMANCE... I HAVE TO ICE MY KNEES AFTER EVERY SHOW AND THEY HURT WHEN I WALK THROUGH THE AIRPORT... HAVING AN EXPENSIVE STAGE CUTS MY PAYDAY IN HALF... CALL ME WHAT YOU WANT BUT NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL!!!

The "voice of our generation" writes like a pre-pubescent girl.

(was at the Bonnaroo show, was looking forward to seeing him, had a blast seeing Ghostland Observatory and Chahli 2na instead, had some more fun coming back to the Kanye stage to boo him some more at 6AM. Also had a good chuckle when it was revealed the real reason he was late was because he was partying in Atlanta until an hour before he was supposed to take the stage at 'Roo. I'm no Phil Lesh fan, but Kanye also demanded Phil Lesh cut his show short by 2 hours so there would be no one competing with his light show, at least that's what Lesh said when he broke the news to his fans that they were only getting a half show. Kanye sucks.)

Edited by beau+++

lol @ being a troll for liking kanye. lord I'd like to see what is in your playlist.

WuTang - hasn't put out shit since "forever", the best thing to come out of Wu is Ghostface period. The first Rza and Gza cds are fantastic. I can go on and on about them.

Smif N Wessun - lol....eh.

Black Moon - Love em, although Mos Def's finest work is 'black on both sides'

Nas (illmatic nas), - nas isn't all that great man, his songs all sound the same....most of his stuff is un-listenable. Jay-z is far better than him

Big L - I never got into him really....i was really into pac and by the time Big L got big he was gone already.

the only person I give Jesus status to is Jesus....I like kanye's music and I think he's refreshing to the genre of music he's in.

your comments are quite retarded. do you usually think about what you write or just act like a.....douche?

Kanye West is NOWHERE near a good rapper let alone a good producer. All he does is rehash oldies...and steals tracks completely (Daft Punk) and puts his dumb ass rhymes over them. Gucci bags? This guy is feminine.

There is so much good music out there it's not even funny. By the way 2pac sucked/sucks, he's not even a lyricist. If you liked 2pac over Big L then I'm not sure you even know what good hip hop and rap is.

And Nas is better than Jay Z. Listen to Stillmatic.

Via the KanyeBlog in response to the miserable show he put on at Bonnaroo:

The "voice of our generation" writes like a pre-pubescent girl.

(was at the Bonnaroo show, was looking forward to seeing him, had a blast seeing Ghostland Observatory and Chahli 2na instead, had some more fun coming back to the Kanye stage to boo him some more at 6AM. Also had a good chuckle when it was revealed the real reason he was late was because he was partying in Atlanta until an hour before he was supposed to take the stage at 'Roo. I'm no Phil Lesh fan, but Kanye also demanded Phil Lesh cut his show short by 2 hours so there would be no one competing with his light show, at least that's what Lesh said when he broke the news to his fans that they were only getting a half show. Kanye sucks.)

Wahahaha

"I'm typing so fucking hard I might break my fucking Mac book Air"

Boo hoo, poor Kanye with his douchey sun shades. Wahahahahaha

This guy belongs with the Lil Wayne's and Soulja Boys.

Nothing to see here. Run along.

Wahahaha

"I'm typing so fucking hard I might break my fucking Mac book Air"

Boo hoo, poor Kanye with his douchey sun shades. Wahahahahaha

This guy belongs with the Lil Wayne's and Soulja Boys.

Nothing to see here. Run along.

It's tradition at 'Roo to show up in costume on Saturday night. I was dressed as Dubya for the Kanye show (nearly got stabbed by some of the hardcore 'Ye fans), next year I'm dressing as Kanye with a broken Macbook Air and a shirt that says "Sorry I'm Late".

Edited by beau+++

NOW YOU LISTEN HERE YOU SQUID BRAINS!!!!! EVERYBODY NOSE I'M THE GREATEST!!! WHY ELSE WOOD THEY CALL ME THE VOICE OF THIS GENERASHUN??!?!?? IT'S BECAUSE I AM AND IF U DONUT THINK SO THEN YOU DONUT NO ANYTHING!!! i am so mad im almost braking my BLACKBERRY PEARL!!!!!! i registerd here just to laff in the faces of all those who oppose me. I'M KANYE WEST DONT YOU NOSE ANYTHING???!!!?? HEY BEAU PLUSPLUSPLUS (WHAT KIND OF NAME IS THAT) I THINK YOUR NAME SHOOD BE BEAU MINUSMINUSMINUS BECOZ YOU ARE LESS THAN ME BECAUSE I AM KANYE WEST!!!!! YOU NOSE NOTHING!!! YOU JOKERS THINK NAS IS BETTER THAN ME? HIS NAME ISN'T EVEN KANYE WEST!!!! I BET YOU DIDNT EVEN REALISE THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE SQUID BRAINS!!!! ANTHONYC you said i am not as good as jesus???? well let me ask you this, HOW MANY ALBUMS DID JESUS SELL???? I bet it was less than 1000 but ive sold millions AND WERE I COME FROM THAT MEANS BILLIONS!! BILLIONS SQUID BRAINS!!!

NOW YOU LISTEN HERE YOU SQUID BRAINS!!!!! EVERYBODY NOSE I'M THE GREATEST!!! WHY ELSE WOOD THEY CALL ME THE VOICE OF THIS GENERASHUN??!?!?? IT'S BECAUSE I AM AND IF U DONUT THINK SO THEN YOU DONUT NO ANYTHING!!! i am so mad im almost braking my BLACKBERRY PEARL!!!!!! i registerd here just to laff in the faces of all those who oppose me. I'M KANYE WEST DONT YOU NOSE ANYTHING???!!!?? HEY BEAU PLUSPLUSPLUS (WHAT KIND OF NAME IS THAT) I THINK YOUR NAME SHOOD BE BEAU MINUSMINUSMINUS BECOZ YOU ARE LESS THAN ME BECAUSE I AM KANYE WEST!!!!! YOU NOSE NOTHING!!! YOU JOKERS THINK NAS IS BETTER THAN ME? HIS NAME ISN'T EVEN KANYE WEST!!!! I BET YOU DIDNT EVEN REALISE THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE SQUID BRAINS!!!! ANTHONYC you said i am not as good as jesus???? well let me ask you this, HOW MANY ALBUMS DID JESUS SELL???? I bet it was less than 1000 but ive sold millions AND WERE I COME FROM THAT MEANS BILLIONS!! BILLIONS SQUID BRAINS!!!

I hate you.