Sign in to follow this  
Duder

Kanye West

Kanye West is NOWHERE near a good rapper let alone a good producer. All he does is rehash oldies...and steals tracks completely (Daft Punk) and puts his dumb ass rhymes over them. Gucci bags? This guy is feminine.

There is so much good music out there it's not even funny. By the way 2pac sucked/sucks, he's not even a lyricist. If you liked 2pac over Big L then I'm not sure you even know what good hip hop and rap is.

And Nas is better than Jay Z. Listen to Stillmatic.

dude please.....Big L was a great talent....but to compare him to what Pac did for hip hop is absolutely ridiculous. Pac was far more complex an artist than any rapper....so if you want to call him "the Michael Jordan" of rap I wouldn't disagree because quite frankly he is. From content to final output....There isn't another rapper that could touch him period. That's why people still talk about him. Saying Nas is better than Jay-z as well is just an insane comment...ILLMATIC was Nas's ONLY great release...everything else was mediocre..2 or 3 good songs while the rest of the cd's sucked, while Jay-z has put out consistently good albums from the start. so what nas 1(2) - Jay-z 6(7?)......

just for fun....here's 3 rappers that are better than Nas...let me know if you disagree:

1. Ghostface

2. Common

3. Scarface

no offense but if you listened to the daft punk song and then actually heard kanye's you'd know the only thing he sampled was the vocal chorus......everything else is completely different. and as far as him not being a good producer lol, I guess Common, Talib, Jay-z, Nas and who knows how many others who used his production skills are just plain deaf dumb and blind.

YOU MUST BE DEAF DUMB AND BLIND IF YOU THINK PAC CAN TOUCH MY SKILLZ SQUID BRAINS!!!!!!! HAVE YOU EVEN CHECKED MY FLOW RECENTLY FOOL?????? I DARE YOU TO SHOW ME ONE INSTANCE WHERE TUPAC SHA-KRAP EVEN CAME CLOSE TO SPITTING RHYMES AS GOOD AS "...Heard they'd do anything for a Klondike Well I'd do anything for a blonde dyke". DON'T YOU GET IT??? I'M LIKE THE WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE OF RHYMING POPULAR ICE CREAM TREAT SLOGANS WITH SEXUAL INNUENDO!!!!! I AM THE VOICE OF THIS GENERASHUN!!!!!!!!!

this video is kinda cool, it shows how daftpunk as good as they might be are also having a bit of hard time being original...

They do it as an homage and keep great old tunes alive and in the public consciousness. What is wrong with that?

OH EMM JEE!!!!! I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW I ALMOST BROKE MY COMMODORE 64!!!!!! HOW CAN YOU PROMOTE RIP OFF ARTISTS LIKE DAFT PUNK HERE???? EVERYONE NOSE THEY RIPPED OFF MY HIT SINGEL "STRONGER" AND THEN USED THEIR MAGIC ROBO-POWERS TO INSERT THEMSELVES INTO THE CREDITS FOR MY HIT SINGEL "STRONGER"!!!!!! AW HELLLLLLL NAW!!!!!! THOSE GUYS ARE WHAT THE FRENCH CALL "LE SQUID BRAINS"!!!!!

dude please.....Big L was a great talent....but to compare him to what Pac did for hip hop is absolutely ridiculous. Pac was far more complex an artist than any rapper....so if you want to call him "the Michael Jordan" of rap I wouldn't disagree because quite frankly he is. From content to final output....There isn't another rapper that could touch him period. That's why people still talk about him. Saying Nas is better than Jay-z as well is just an insane comment...ILLMATIC was Nas's ONLY great release...everything else was mediocre..2 or 3 good songs while the rest of the cd's sucked, while Jay-z has put out consistently good albums from the start. so what nas 1(2) - Jay-z 6(7?)......

just for fun....here's 3 rappers that are better than Nas...let me know if you disagree:

1. Ghostface

2. Common

3. Scarface

no offense but if you listened to the daft punk song and then actually heard kanye's you'd know the only thing he sampled was the vocal chorus......everything else is completely different. and as far as him not being a good producer lol, I guess Common, Talib, Jay-z, Nas and who knows how many others who used his production skills are just plain deaf dumb and blind.

I don't think you know much about Hip Hop, Anthony.

2pac was not a lyricist, more of a poet.

Nas is a lyricist. Chino XL is a lyricist. Big L was a lyricist. Biggie was a lyricist.

Scarface is NOWHERE NEAR Nas' lyrical status. I like Scarface though. And the other 2 you mentioned.

Actually Kurupt back in the day would rip a hole through all of them, including Jay Z. He just sucks now.

Jay Z is overrated. Album sales don't mean anything.

Nas > Jay Z. Remember Ether? Beefs bring out the best in rappers, and Jay Z lost.

Edited by Havok.Dzn

i always love how a difference of opinion means someone has a lack of knowledge. We use the term Rapper. they are all rappers, the same game, the same rules.......some better than most......Tupac was/is better than Nas, Tupac was/is better than Jay-z, Tupac was better than Biggie...Overall he had better songs, had more originality, was far more exciting, had more emotion and greater charisma. period. That point isn't hard to see.....right? Now being a great lyricist doesn't give you everything....Biggie wasn't original...nor is Nas....look at alot of what Nas has done...doesn't it resemble what pac has done? Content wise...what has Nas brought to the table...how is he different? What did Biggie rap about that made him different? Sure their skills of delivery may be better, but overall? please.

"Beefs bring out the best in rappers", tell me why no one of significance ever went against pac then?

haha Kanye murdered this thread!...THANKYOU MR. WEST! WAKE UP MR. WEST!

imo, best rapper alive is Tupac (he's in the bahamas)

next is Talib Kweli.. I used to love Nas but not so much now...

anyway, only rap I listen to now is Rhymesayer stuff like Brother Ali

I saw Kanye when he opened for U2, i loved it... though the crowd (including the people I was with) was pouring the "haterade" pretty heavy.

Edited by apoK

...Tupac was better than Biggie

AW HELL NAWWWwww!!!! I AM GOING TO ASSOOM YOU'RE ARE SPEAKING ABOUT FELLOW MOGRAPH MEMBER "BIGGIEBOY", WELL YOU LISTEN UP SQUID BRAINS: AIN'T NOBUDDY BETTER THAN FELLOW MOGRAPH MEMBER "BIGGIEBOY"...NOOOOBUDDY!!!!! EVERYONE KNOWS THAT BIGGIEBOY IS WORKING WITH THE LARGEST, MOST FERTILE MAN-PIECE THIS SIDE OF THE HEAVENS!!!!! IN FACT, HE PROBABLY FATHERED HALF THIS BOARD!!!!! I HEARD THAT BIGGIEBOY'S LOVE MAKING SKILLZ ARE SO SUPER-HUMAN THAT WHOEVER CAN FINALLY PULL HIM OUT WILL BECOME KING OF ENGLAND!!!!!! YOU REMEMBER THIS YOU SQUID BRAINS: NOBUDDY IS BETTER THAN BIGGIEBOY AT ANYTHING AND DONUT YOU FORGET IT!!!!!!!

AW HELL NAWWWwww!!!! I AM GOING TO ASSOOM YOU'RE ARE SPEAKING ABOUT FELLOW MOGRAPH MEMBER "BIGGIEBOY", WELL YOU LISTEN UP SQUID BRAINS: AIN'T NOBUDDY BETTER THAN FELLOW MOGRAPH MEMBER "BIGGIEBOY"...NOOOOBUDDY!!!!! EVERYONE KNOWS THAT BIGGIEBOY IS WORKING WITH THE LARGEST, MOST FERTILE MAN-PIECE THIS SIDE OF THE HEAVENS!!!!! IN FACT, HE PROBABLY FATHERED HALF THIS BOARD!!!!! I HEARD THAT BIGGIEBOY'S LOVE MAKING SKILLZ ARE SO SUPER-HUMAN THAT WHOEVER CAN FINALLY PULL HIM OUT WILL BECOME KING OF ENGLAND!!!!!! YOU REMEMBER THIS YOU SQUID BRAINS: NOBUDDY IS BETTER THAN BIGGIEBOY AT ANYTHING AND DONUT YOU FORGET IT!!!!!!!

Wow Kanye, thanks for saying such nice things about me! It's true, I DID father most of this board.

i always love how a difference of opinion means someone has a lack of knowledge. We use the term Rapper. they are all rappers, the same game, the same rules.......some better than most......Tupac was/is better than Nas, Tupac was/is better than Jay-z, Tupac was better than Biggie...Overall he had better songs, had more originality, was far more exciting, had more emotion and greater charisma. period. That point isn't hard to see.....right? Now being a great lyricist doesn't give you everything....Biggie wasn't original...nor is Nas....look at alot of what Nas has done...doesn't it resemble what pac has done? Content wise...what has Nas brought to the table...how is he different? What did Biggie rap about that made him different? Sure their skills of delivery may be better, but overall? please.

"Beefs bring out the best in rappers", tell me why no one of significance ever went against pac then?

Obviously I am looking from a hip hop/rap heads perspective. Being a straight up menace on the mic is what is more important, in my opinion. Of course 2pac had better charisma than all of these rappers, and like I said his lyrics were more poetic than anything else. He could never freestyle. I don't like Eminem but he would kill 2pac in a freestyle battle.

And whatever you said is a personal opinion because you can ask any true hip hop/rap head and he will tell you how much 2pac is overrated.

Remember that 2pac is Gangsta Rap (well his later stuff, not his old 2pacalypse stuff). 2pac knew that beefs made money. However the people funding their records were criminals (Suge Knight on the west and the Black Mafia on the east). They would literally kill each other. You've seen the result already.

Back in the days before gangsta rap, people would just bang on wax and spit in front of each other instead of records. They parted ways and it didn't get under their skin. For example, Chino XL ripped 2pac, but 2pac was more famous so Chino never got into the limelight.

Don't get me wrong, 2pac has some cool stuff, but stop making him into a god. You fundies tend to do that lol.

Obviously I am looking from a hip hop/rap heads perspective. Being a straight up menace on the mic is what is more important, in my opinion. Of course 2pac had better charisma than all of these rappers, and like I said his lyrics were more poetic than anything else. He could never freestyle. I don't like Eminem but he would kill 2pac in a freestyle battle.

And whatever you said is a personal opinion because you can ask any true hip hop/rap head and he will tell you how much 2pac is overrated.

Remember that 2pac is Gangsta Rap (well his later stuff, not his old 2pacalypse stuff). 2pac knew that beefs made money. However the people funding their records were criminals (Suge Knight on the west and the Black Mafia on the east). They would literally kill each other. You've seen the result already.

Back in the days before gangsta rap, people would just bang on wax and spit in front of each other instead of records. They parted ways and it didn't get under their skin. For example, Chino XL ripped 2pac, but 2pac was more famous so Chino never got into the limelight.

Don't get me wrong, 2pac has some cool stuff, but stop making him into a god. You fundies tend to do that lol.

lol @ true hip hop heads & fundies......you win....obviously Chino was such a superior lyricist that he could withstand tupac's response right? I mean...shit all pac said was "f*^k you" and Chino was never heard from again lol....he was great!