Sign in to follow this  
mattyluv

What are the essential elements of a broadcast motion graphics package?

Hello-

Here's a question for everyone who has had to make a lot of similar pieces for broadcast news etc. I have a client who I am doing a motion graphics package for, a few actually, which she will use on her local news/ interview show. She is paying well and says she wants several different "looks" and for each look, a package containing all the elements you would ever need to do a show with any given look, she wants drop-and-drag elements because she is editing it herself and doesn't know graphics or editing that well, she will be putting titles over the elements in FCP Express. So now we have our looks and for each I am going to give her everything I can think of, so far: A few full screen reveals (swipes??), a floating title box, lower thirds that roll in in a few different ways, Bug reveals, left and right thirds ( Is that what they are called? positioned like "the word" on the Colbert Report), and a couple of looping backgrounds for her to use for credits etc. Is there anything else I should throw in? Any suggestions would of great

Thanks

Matt

Guest Sao_Bento
2 way boxes, check- didn't think of that, graph templates- perhaps a countdown or something for numbered items, what exactly do you mean by phoner graphics?

Thanks

Matt

When someone is being interviewed over the phone. There's usually some image of a phone and a frame to put a photo of the person who's on the phone.

Hello-

Here's a question for everyone who has had to make a lot of similar pieces for broadcast news etc. I have a client who I am doing a motion graphics package for, a few actually, which she will use on her local news/ interview show. She is paying well and says she wants several different "looks" and for each look, a package containing all the elements you would ever need to do a show with any given look, she wants drop-and-drag elements because she is editing it herself and doesn't know graphics or editing that well, she will be putting titles over the elements in FCP Express. So now we have our looks and for each I am going to give her everything I can think of, so far: A few full screen reveals (swipes??), a floating title box, lower thirds that roll in in a few different ways, Bug reveals, left and right thirds ( Is that what they are called? positioned like "the word" on the Colbert Report), and a couple of looping backgrounds for her to use for credits etc. Is there anything else I should throw in? Any suggestions would of great

Thanks

Matt

Just off the top of my head....

Over the shoulder graphics

Open/Close

Special intros for special segments

Stinger animations

"Tease" overlays for throwing to break

Talent reopens

Sponsor billboards

Live Bug

Lower thirds - one line, two line

Live two box

Live three box

Phoner graphics

Basic background for text info

Crystal bug

Transitional elements

Don't know if this helps at all

Chris

Bumping this thread, as I have a similar question. I'm consulting with a TV show producer about what graphic elements he needs for his show. The lists here are helpful, but a lot of items seem very specialized. Is anyone able to offer more detail about this?