Sign in to follow this  
eley

weird wiggler behaviour....

I'm on AE CS3, I have an element that I want to ad some random position keyframes to. The thing is that the wiggler is generating the keyframes, but they are not random, it's just adding keyframes to whatever position the elemnet happens to be in at the time. I've tried using jagged and smooth, overly exagerated the magnitude and frequency, but nothing... any ideas?

And you're selecting two existing keyframes for AE to modulate? Never seen Wiggler add one key at the current location.

yep, I've done this a lot in the past, this is the first time I see this happening.....

I gave up on the wiggle years ago for the wiggle expression. Have you considered an expression? I find it quicker and more flexible.

Yeah, I'm with you on that one. As of lately I'm doing as much stuff with expressions as I can, seems more streamlined. Not sure why that wiggler thing happened, it's only on one machine, I tried it on my laptop with the exact same setting and it had no problem. weird.....