Sign in to follow this  
nhowe

Site update -- New styleframes

bandwidth exceeded? Nothing but missing image placeholders.

Missing image placeholders are the new paint drip! ;)

should be all good now... it choked up for a minute but it seems like its back.

Thanks for all the comments!!

-Nate

Holy Crapola Nate! :o ... My grandma died a few weeks ago ;):unsure: , my biggest regret is that she did not get to see your new site :blink: . Super Fuzzy work man :H ! Great job :) !...

...The only critique I have is you could have implemented more emoticons into your work! :angry:

Holy Crapola Nate! :o ... My grandma died a few weeks ago ;):unsure: , my biggest regret is that she did not get to see your new site :blink: . Super Fuzzy work man :H ! Great job :) !...

...The only critique I have is you could have implemented more emoticons into your work! :angry:

hahahah!

ABE FROMAN.. THE SAUSAGE KING OF CHICAGO! (NINE TIMES *#@&(@*#&!!)

Thanks for the props man! Miss working with you... when are we going to get on some MVVVVce!?

(is blake back from his shoot yet?)

Guest Sao_Bento

Very nice now that I can see it. I love the Vogue stuff.

(edit: now the links page shows as missing image placeholders)

Great stuff.. Not animating anymore?!

Yeah man, ive been focusing on design. I have been getting to direct more live action shoots also which has been great!

-Sao

I spoke with yahoo... they bumped my bandwidth a bit, hopefully it will be more stable now... thanks for the heads up!

-Nate

Guest Sao_Bento
-Sao

I spoke with yahoo... they bumped my bandwidth a bit, hopefully it will be more stable now... thanks for the heads up!

-Nate

Everything is working A-OK now.

Wicked.. I liked your 3d stuff ;) I'm sure directing is quite fulfilling. Good job dude

Yeah man, ive been focusing on design. I have been getting to direct more live action shoots also which has been great!

-Sao

-Nate

Yeah man, ive been focusing on design.

Tons of great work. Definitely a polished style.

Have you considered focusing on the design and layout of your website? I don't think laying out all the boards on one giant scrolling page does each project proper justice in this case. It's difficult for me to concentrate on any one set of boards and follow the "story" taking place. It gets to a point where it crosses the More Is Better, on to More Is Just More phase for me about half way down. Probably wouldn't hurt to kill a few of those along the way in my opinion. On the other hand, I understand if you are trying to showcase the amount of versions you can kick out on a project for freelancing marketability's sake. :)

Tons of great work. Definitely a polished style.

Have you considered focusing on the design and layout of your website? I don't think laying out all the boards on one giant scrolling page does each project proper justice in this case. It's difficult for me to concentrate on any one set of boards and follow the "story" taking place. It gets to a point where it crosses the More Is Better, on to More Is Just More phase for me about half way down. Probably wouldn't hurt to kill a few of those along the way in my opinion. On the other hand, I understand if you are trying to showcase the amount of versions you can kick out on a project for freelancing marketability's sake. :)

Yeah all those thing def crossed my mind as i was working on the site.. I dont know that much about web-programming or any of that stuff so i wanted to keep it simple and easy to update. I thought about separating out onto pages but i didnt want some visitors to miss the links etc... i weighed the pros and cons of it being one page and decided it was better to have it all together (the marketability and alternate styles you were mentioning were part of that reasoning)

There were a lot of things that i was considering

(the size of frames...the amount of detail you could see if i went smaller)

thumbnails (but then i felt like it would still be a lot of images and a thumb may not convey the alt styles of a project etc etc.

At some point i would love to update with the site with some more polished web functionality.. but for now this is easy for me to update and show a wide range of projects.

Thanks for your feedback!

-Nate

Edited by nhowe

i saw this in the quickies on motionographer, off to the side, no comments yet, and it just blew my mind. glad it's not just me impressed by this work

some of the best, cleanest boards i've seen in a while. just flying at a high cruising altitude. classy, classy