Sign in to follow this  
rodka

AE Professional Usage

Hey guys,

I was wondering what real top-notch stuff has been made with AE. And I don't mean user-created things, but the real professional projects. Like movies known over the entire world for example.

Thanks,

Bram

Well you definitely won't find any professionals here, much less professionals making top-notch work in AE. Especially not in the reels and portfolios section. Good luck with the hunt!

AE isn't huge in the feature film composting world, so while it does get used here and there, that isn't really its strong point (IMHO).

It was funny watching the 'making of' part of Von Helsing and seeing them build up a crowd scene using AE 3D layers, duping crowd, masking like any old amateur here, tracking in their cam data...

Guest Sao_Bento
It was funny watching the 'making of' part of Von Helsing and seeing them build up a crowd scene using AE 3D layers, duping crowd, masking like any old amateur here, tracking in their cam data...

That was a cool video. I remember it giving me a headache in terms of the ways they were using AE's 3D. I think I have it around somewhere.

Hey, has anyone ever heard of them Star Wars movies? Do those count as "movies known over the entire world"?

I feel like I should not feed this thread - but oh well..

You can work every day as a compositor on film, television and Motion Graphics/Promo work here in LA.

-Chris

Well you definitely won't find any professionals here, much less professionals making top-notch work in AE. Especially not in the reels and portfolios section. Good luck with the hunt!

AE isn't huge in the feature film composting world, so while it does get used here and there, that isn't really its strong point (IMHO).

Sorry, but there are plenty of high level professionals doing top-notch work in the feature film business that use After Effects. I for one have been using it for the past decade and have worked on 50+ features in that time. I have also spent plenty of time using Shake when required to do so. They have both proven very useful to me and each have their strong points. That said I am seriously considering giving Nuke a try when time permits.

-Kelvin

Guest Sao_Bento
Sorry, but there are plenty of high level professionals doing top-notch work in the feature film business that use After Effects. I for one have been using it for the past decade and have worked on 50+ features in that time. I have also spent plenty of time using Shake when required to do so. They have both proven very useful to me and each have their strong points. That said I am seriously considering giving Nuke a try when time permits.

-Kelvin

I think your sarcasm detector needs new batteries.

I think your sarcasm detector needs new batteries.

yea I said the same thing sao, but then realized he may be talking about the last statement

-Kelvin

hahahaa...

oh man you registered just to make that point.

it's all good... i use to take everything people said in forums at face value... lol.

i've worked and hung out at a whole bunch of post houses and studios here in Toronto...and theres one universal fact that seems to stand out to me, regardless if someone's using nuke or combustion or flame or inferno or mocha, etc... every job requires a level of AE knowledge.

its the starting point for so many disciplines. and vice versa...

What is this "Star Wars" thing you speak of . . . I do seem to remember something with Reagan in the 80's, but did they make a movie about that?

Edited by edrhine

Guest Sao_Bento
yea I said the same thing sao, but then realized he may be talking about the last statement

You might be right.

The cult classic "Dripping paint, pointy antlers" was made entirely in AE.

Do you have any links of this???