Sign in to follow this  
guera

New Website + New Reel

Hey Everyone,

It is the first time I will put my stuff here... Yesterday I finished my new website and reel.

I didn't have time to do a nice intro or ending in my reel, but the work is there and I am quiet happy with it.

I would like some comments, critics, all that...

I hope you guys like...

Website

thanks all.

Awesome stuff in there. Nice track choice + edit too. My only gripe is the font/color choice on the site, I'm not really digging the yellow/red combo or the font. That's my personal opinion anyway. Nice work.

Awesome stuff in there. Nice track choice + edit too. My only gripe is the font/color choice on the site, I'm not really digging the yellow/red combo or the font. That's my personal opinion anyway. Nice work.

Hey,

thanks for the comments...My friend does the project GoldenShower and i love the songs... I think it is a great song to edit.

I know...it is not a lot people that like the font and the blur effect, but it a bit of my style I think.

thanks alot..

really like the work dude. i think there's some mediocre work on your reel though that you'd do better without. let your best stuff shine, no need to have a long reel, especially when you're using filler to extend the length.

thanks a lot daveglanz

Hey mete_shop... let me know which work do you think is mediocre work that you think would be better without.

I still have more good stuff I can put on... so would be nice to know which one you think.

thanks a gaing guys.

sure:

red bee

then the cartoon band piece right after

the bbc 2 promo

the jazz piece goes on way too long

what looks like tomatoes falling a man in a magenta room, very odd, maybe you just picked a really confusing clip from the piece but it doesn't really work as is

they just don't seem as slick as the rest of your work. hope this helps.

sure:

red bee

then the cartoon band piece right after

the bbc 2 promo

the jazz piece goes on way too long

what looks like tomatoes falling a man in a magenta room, very odd, maybe you just picked a really confusing clip from the piece but it doesn't really work as is

they just don't seem as slick as the rest of your work. hope this helps.

Hi man,

thanks for your comments. I need to agree in parts... they dont stand a lot with the rest, but I put that bit because the movement goes really well with the edit and help it out in the edit.

I will change it soon to make the reel better... thanks a lot for the help

Please, more comments guys.... also in the website.

thanks...I really appreciate it.

Ok...1 comment : in the “Lauren Laverne” piece (what I liked more) , Design + Animation by only you, or it was a group project?

Ok...1 comment : in the “Lauren Laverne” piece (what I liked more) , Design + Animation by only you, or it was a group project?

ok...you have a question

The BBC job is 3 promos in the total... Lauren is one of the 3, but I am waiting the others go online to be able to show.

We basically worked in 3 person doing Design and Animation in two of them and just me and another one doing the last one. So, everyone put your own design and animation there.

Oi, tudo bem?

is that right? its been a while since I was in brazil...

Your sites looking good, easy to use etc, here's a couple of thoughts...

Other people have mentioned the text on your site, I just think its a fraction too blurred,

maybe a little more kerning would help...

On the reel, you have a few little 'fillers' which kinda pull it down a bit quality wise,

although overall its really good, nice textures and illustration. :)

- d

Hey dmc,

tudo bem mate... it is right.

Thanks for the comments as well. I will need to take the blur down or out in the text to make better for internet.

I have better part or video to put in, so I will change this "fillers" to bring the reel up in quality.

thanks again...