Sign in to follow this  
ianfreeze

JAY Z Typography Music Vid

Personally not really into it.

Track is kinda hot and definitely like Evan Roth though....

Agreed... and this is why source code won't be putting animators out of work any time soon.

The "reveal" is over after the first 10 secs which leaves you desperately hoping that there's another level... alas, there isn't.

-m

Computer Arts Tutorial

It looks like they just followed this tutorial...step by step...

Further proof that no matter how much lipstick you put on a pig or Sarah Palin, Flash typography still looks like junk.

To the animation, there COULD have been something cool done with this. But it's like writing one hook, melody or motif for a song, and then playing it 64 times in a row and calling it a song. It's like a schoolyard during the summertime.... no classsss.

The idea of imagery created with type really took me back to first year design school. After the nostalgia and novelty of seeing a camera move wore off I didn't really see much there. Maybe someone will push the idea further.

It was awesome! Then after the third second went by I was bored of that shot. Then after the 250th second went by I wanted to pull my optic nerve out through my anus.

It was awesome! Then after the third second went by I was bored of that shot. Then after the 250th second went by I wanted to pull my optic nerve out through my anus.

I think my motif analogy was more eloquent, but your analogy has a better visual.

Agreed... and this is why source code won't be putting animators out of work any time soon.

The "reveal" is over after the first 10 secs which leaves you desperately hoping that there's another level... alas, there isn't.

-m

The idea of imagery created with type really took me back to first year design school. After the nostalgia and novelty of seeing a camera move wore off I didn't really see much there. Maybe someone will push the idea further.

I agree, I kept hoping for another reveal as well, but I did like that it wasn't just another kinetic typography vid. I think someone could push this idea further and make something pretty cool with it.

Guest Sao_Bento
oh my, I am so appropriating that line...

Perhaps there might be a novel way of animating that quote . . .