Sign in to follow this  
beau+++

Genius Rocket?

I got it and replied...

Michael,

Take me off your spam list to do free work. Do you solicit your plumber like this? Do you ask a group of carpenters to come in and each build a room in your house, and whichever room you like best you pay them a shit rate for their craft?

-ryan

"spearheading a new paradigm"

Anyone using that phrase is a douchebag.

P.s. I got the email too.

And it sorta makes me feel like a hot 19 year old girl that just moved to L.A. and is getting approached by slimy producers saying,

"Sure I can get you a part in the new Michael Bay picture! Just come over to my house tonight around 9 and wear something sexy!"

Edited by djkorova

I got the email too. First I thought, "wow, they're asking ME to work on a $4000 project because I'm sooo good"; then I entered the site and realized it was just a contest. A CONTEST. What a SCAM. "Everyone do something for me and I'll pick the one I like"... CRAPPY ATTITUDE. If they would have stated clearly that it was a contest, then OK, fine, but they're saying it's actual work just to capture people for their new site, which is just a start up getafreelancer with a twist.

Edited by Epal

I, for one, am glad this trashy site exists. It seems like a collection of all the shit jobs and projects I routinely turn down. The kind of clients who work this way will get what they pay for- garbage. $4000 for thirty seconds? That's a piss poor budget. No professional in their right mind would work for that rate, even if it was guaranteed.

For a sec when I first skimmed it I thought it was just an offer to do a :30 for 4k. After I got done laughing I read the whole thing and realized that it was actually SPEC with the POSSIBILITY of making 4k.

click>unsubscribefromyourshittylist!