Sign in to follow this  
undream

[HOW TO] CameraMatch + GI ?

Hi there.

I'm trying to add 3d elements to my tracked footage.

I have a floor plane. And added 3d elements on it.

Area lights.

And GI, as well.

The problem is, How can I use the GI pass in AE ? floor plane is just slightly bigger than my 3d elements (to catch the GI and shadows); Im mean, it does not cover the whole scene.

So that, when the render is complete, that "plane" part of the rendered image is the pnly area that has GI on.

So that, how will I use that GI pass in an external compositing application ?

When I get my render directly from C4D, it seems perfect, but I need to get my renders into AE for further compositing. Thank you.

Edited by undream

did it. Got no proper answer so far.

CGTalk

C4DPortal

C4DCafe

if you know any other, list it please.

Luckily the answers are much easier to find. Whithin C4D go to your help system and it covers multipass rendering quite well. Much better then a quick answer from a forum. If you haven't installed your help files, they are avail from Maxon.

Luckily the answers are much easier to find. Whithin C4D go to your help system and it covers multipass rendering quite well. Much better then a quick answer from a forum. If you haven't installed your help files, they are avail from Maxon.

Ah I know..

Checked the help files.

The problem is, here in the example file:

http://www.undream.net/GI_how.zip

as you can see its very easy to see the grond plane. But when I add a compositing tag, it does not receive GI.

The problem becomes bigger, when I want to composite my 3d elements in a compositing program (I'm using AE)

The ground is being rendered in GI pass, which makes it impossible to add on the original footage. (whatever blend mode I use, it is being shown)