Sign in to follow this  
anothername

Oblique strategies

Oblique Strategies is a deck of cards created by Brian Eno and Peter Schmidt after thinking about approaches to their own work as artist and musician. Each card presents a question, dilemma, or new way of attacking the work you are doing as an artist. By drawing a card, you are given the chance to rethink your process.

I have been using a dashboard widget version of the cards for the past little while and I've found it fun and useful. I just saw this write up on drawn.ca that has links to the widget, but also an iPhone app version and a twitter version. Anyhow figured it was worth posting.

Edited by anothername

I have been using Brian Eno's Oblique Strategies all week.

These are the first 5 cards I pulled out:

Use an old idea

Use filters

Do something boring

Ask people to work against their better judgement

Go outside. Shut the door.

I'll post up the work I have created later and you can tell me if I should continue.

I have been using a dashboard widget version of the cards for the past little while and I've found it fun and useful. I just saw this write up on drawn.ca that has links to the widget, but also an iPhone app version and a twitter version. Anyhow figured it was worth posting.

Can't seem to find the widget on the Apple site. Anyone care to share? Thanx!