Sign in to follow this  
theta

What's up with these kids today and their skinny jeans...

I've always preferred jeans that fit ever since I got over baggy jeans when I was like 16. Some of the skinny jeans are overdose but atleast theres variety out there..

Stop making excuses for yourself you skinny jean wearin' hipster!

-m

I've been noticing it for a while here and there. And today I got my new issue of Computer Arts at work and what do ya know... On the front cover some kid wearing ridiculously tight pants and what appears to be a little girls sweatshirt.... Not only that but he's surrounded by pink and pastel colors. Seriously, this could be misconstrued as the gay issue...

I've always preferred jeans that fit ever since I got over baggy jeans when I was like 16. Some of the skinny jeans are overdose but atleast theres variety out there..

Stop making excuses for yourself you skinny jean wearin' hipster!

-m

you_got_served.jpg

I think it's heavily influenced by the long tradition of sexual ambiguity in japanese pop culture, specifically, and that's been going on since, like... forever. And it kind of made its way to european states first, but it's bolstered by the tail end of the 80s nostalgia craze that's basically antithetical to fashion/everything from the late 90s (like fuckin skating crap and hip-hop blandness).

The nostalgia stuff is on a constant 20yr loop. Remember the 90s when there was a raft of 70s shit flowing through? Then in the 00s we drug the 80s back out. Every generation brings something new to the table in their time, then gets bored of it, demonizes it, then comes all the way back to fetishize it, remix it and repurpose it into the mainstream. Just wait a couple more years and see what kind of nasty early 90s radness starts creeping back into your nightmares.

Today's newest fads are gonna make it into Gap stores in 3-5 years, look beyond retarded 7 years from now, in 15 some kids (born today) will do something ballsy and rebellious with it, and then everyone'll think it's awesome again in 20.

Guest Sao_Bento
I think it's heavily influenced by the long tradition of sexual ambiguity in japanese pop culture, specifically, and that's been going on since, like... forever. And it kind of made its way to european states first, but it's bolstered by the tail end of the 80s nostalgia craze that's basically antithetical to fashion/everything from the late 90s (like fuckin skating crap and hip-hop blandness).

The nostalgia stuff is on a constant 20yr loop. Remember the 90s when there was a raft of 70s shit flowing through? Then in the 00s we drug the 80s back out. Every generation brings something new to the table in their time, then gets bored of it, demonizes it, then comes all the way back to fetishize it, remix it and repurpose it into the mainstream. Just wait a couple more years and see what kind of nasty early 90s radness starts creeping back into your nightmares.

Today's newest fads are gonna make it into Gap stores in 3-5 years, look beyond retarded 7 years from now, in 15 some kids (born today) will do something ballsy and rebellious with it, and then everyone'll think it's awesome again in 20.

I can't wait for abstract 3D to come back into style- so much less thinking to do.

I'm definitely not a fan of men wearing womens clothing (i.e. skinny jeans) but at the same time I always think about the ridiculous things I'd wear out to clubs & parties back in the day...Those darn kids today! What are they thinking! So it went from extremely baggy to extremely tight....what are you gonna do. Next year people will probably dress like the cast from happy days. If anything it keeps things interesting, right?

hahah

if the world has a problem with seeing me bulge out of my britches, then the world should let me know.

i mean, monkey, it sells albums, what more proof do you need that it's a good thing?

true true, every time I see that episode I think "tosser". And what's up with those fucking plimsoles that every twat and his bouffant-haired girlfriend wear? They may well be cheap, but i bet every time it rains the little Nathan Barleys immediately regret wearing cotton shifts instead of actual footwear.

/rant, and I feel it only fair to point out that I've been wearing practically the same clothes for the past 15 years....jeans, t-shirt and hoody anyone?