Sign in to follow this  
Chris Roe

Introducing croeCam

I have written a script that takes the time and frustration out of animating cameras in after effects. Those of you who have used SteadyCam or CS_MoCam will be familiar with the process used in croeCam. In a nutshell, you simply add a camera, aim it at the desired 3d layer and repeat until satisfied. Once this is done, you keyframe a slider which drives the interpolation between the cameras you have added and viola, you're finished!

Additional features include the ability to add camera shake to your camera, fine position and rotation adjustments to get the exact position you were after, and an integrated camera targeting system that allows you to have your desired camera stay focused on a layer of your choosing.

There's more to it, but it's better to just play with it and see what you can do with it, so without further ado -

Have fun and please send me some feedback if you enjoy it, find a bug, or have a suggestion!

-Chris Roe

** Note: Before use, make sure all of your cameras Auto-Orientation settings are set to OFF, this will not work if they are on!

*** 2/1/2009 - I have added a basic video tutorial showing how to get up and running with the croeCam, the web page has also changed

locations.

Edited by Chris Roe

I have written a script that takes the time and frustration out of animating cameras in after effects. Those of you who have used SteadyCam or CS_MoCam will be familiar with the process used in croeCam. In a nutshell, you simply add a camera, aim it at the desired 3d layer and repeat until satisfied. Once this is done, you keyframe a slider which drives the interpolation between the cameras you have added and viola, you're finished!

Additional features include the ability to add camera shake to your camera, fine position and rotation adjustments to get the exact position you were after, and an integrated camera targeting system that allows you to have your desired camera stay focused on a layer of your choosing.

There's more to it, but it's better to just play with it and see what you can do with it, so without furthur ado -

http://croedesign.com/ - Forgive the abscence of other material on the site, I'm in the process of rebuilding.

Have fun and please send me some feedback if you enjoy it, find a bug, or have a suggestion!

-Chris Roe

I was just about to say Andrew K's done something similar the last week or so then read again and this IS actually mocam for AE. Magnificent! Since christmas this is 3 awesome camera tools on here

Perhaps I'm doing it wrong but it doesn't seem to give me desirable results. I setup 3 cams and keyframed the Time Offset between them but the Maincam is backwards to what it should be and it seems to inherit camera position but doesn't care about actually aiming at the thing I want to aim at. Seems like it'll be a great little app if I can get it working!

Edited by Jeff McBride

Perhaps I'm doing it wrong but it doesn't seem to give me desirable results. I setup 3 cams and keyframed the Time Offset between them but the Maincam is backwards to what it should be and it seems to inherit camera position but doesn't care about actually aiming at the thing I want to aim at. Any chance to get a how-to manual written up? Seems like it'll be a great little app if I can get it working!

I should have mentioned this. Make sure that ALL of your cameras Auto-Orientation... are set to OFF. This will not work if it is set to anything else, I hope that fixes your problem! Thanks for the post!

Edited by Chris Roe

Sweetness, thx.

I'm playing catchup, what are the other 2 camtools that have been posted since Christmas?

Cam in AE drives me a lil batty.

Andrew Kramer's camera preset (camera travels between targeted layers with a slider, like this without the seperate cameras, both will have their uses)

And buried away in a thread about isometric views ( http://mograph.net/board/index.php?showtopic=18201 ) the monkey posted an ISOcam preset for c4d

looks nice...I`ll give it a try...btw your website navi buttons are not working

Yeah, the site is under construction... I wasn't going to launch it yet but there was interest in the script so I went ahead and threw it up.. site should be finished end of this week or so.

Bump for a few bug fixes and additional functionality.

Features no longer stop working on the last camera (ie, wiggle and targeting)

You now have an additional option to align your camera to your targets Z rotation, this is primarily for titles.

** Note that if you have already been using croecam, the file extensions have changed, it is now jsxbin, so make sure you use this one instead! ;)

Edited by Chris Roe