Sign in to follow this  
kong olav

duplicate special in illustrator?

Hi.

Is there any function similar to "duplicate special" (in maya) in illustrator? i need to duplicate over 100 objects around a curve, and i dont have the time to duplicate it by hand!

thanks a lot in advance!! :)

Hi.

Is there any function similar to "duplicate special" (in maya) in illustrator? i need to duplicate over 100 objects around a curve, and i dont have the time to duplicate it by hand!

thanks a lot in advance!! :)

If your duplicating around a perfect circle then you can divide 360 by the number of items. So if it's 100 then you would select the rotation tool and option or alt click at the center point you wish your circle to be, then type in your value (say 3.6°), click copy then Command+D to duplicate again as many times as you need.

If your doing it on a path, then I think your best solution is to make a pattern brush out of the object and add it as a stroke to your path. You can then expand the appearance of that path so it's not a stroke anymore under the Object menu.

But I have Illy 10 so I may be out of the loop on the newest features that could do it better.