Sign in to follow this  
ZeBrownie

Where is the Change?

"The current situation is bad. The security situation is getting worse. So is corruption and the Government has lost all trust. Our public statements should not delude us over the fact that the insurrection, while incapable of winning a military victory, nevertheless has the capacity to make life increasingly difficult, including in the capital.

"The presence - especially the military presence - of the coalition is part of the problem, not the solution. The foreign forces are ensuring the survival of a regime which would collapse without them. In doing so, they are slowing down and complicating an eventual exit from the crisis (which, moreover, will probably be dramatic)."

-Sir Sherard Cowper-Coles, British Ambassador to Afghanistan

I am glad that they are staying over there. Since we have been in Iraq we have not had anything happen on our soil. They did a great job in Iraq and now they are going to help irradiate the terror threat in Afghanistan. Thanks to all the soldiers, without you guys this country would be nothing.

Wasn't the entire campaign and mantra of CHANGE & HOPE based on bringing back troops within 1 year and not sending more over there?

I believe he talked about many issues other than returning troops from the IRAQ quagmire. SO no, not the entire campaign.

From what I remember, he's systematically withdrawing troops in a responsible manner from IRAQ, while trying to finish the Afghan war that we started to squash the whole 9/11 thing. Remember a dude named Bin Laden and AL Queda? They attacked our country. They had nothing to do with IRAQ or vice versa. So I'd like some change putting some force back to the dudes who did that while giving our troops a break from policing a country that had nothing to do with attacking us nor had the capability to.

-Noam Chomsky

I think you learn filmmaking by watching movies, and then going out and making mistakes, and then watching some more movies, and then making some more mistakes. And, I think if you’re honest about it, this process never really ends.

-Noam Murro

The change is APPARENTLY in my husbands pants pockets....I find that shit in the washing machine every time I do the damn laundry. What is it with you men...you can't put your change where it belongs? that's why we have two large change receptacles in the house...and they're our most modestly priced receptacles too!

Edited by Firebetty

I love it how all of a sudden the liberals stand behind the war on terror because it's Obama.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

I think us americans should care about our own problems at home. But i do agree that in this type of economy keeping our troops busy makes sense.

I love it how all of a sudden the liberals stand behind the war on terror because it's Obama.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

I think us americans should care about our own problems at home. But i do agree that in this type of economy keeping our troops busy makes sense.

What liberals?

There is no war on terror. There was the retaliation to the attack on our country which started in 2001 in Afghanistan and left for dead in 2003 when we turned our resources and money to another country that had nothing to do with terror or attacking us. So not only did we fail while Bin Laden laughs at us from a cave, but we have spent 100s of billions of dollars supporting this massive waste of time and killed thousands of our troops for nothing (more deaths than in 9/11). Wouldn't it have been awesome to have those 100s of billions back to use in our own country? And spending billions of more money that we don't have on fucking with IRAQ which does nothing for us (except Halliburton) makes sense to you?

It has nothing to do with political affiliation. When people start thinking in terms of political extremism ("Liberals, Conservative, etc") then they are just looking to pick a fight from an arbitrary side. Outside of that ridiculous game there are the facts:

"We've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with the September 11th," - George W. Bush

"War on terror" is a advertising slogan used by the Bush admin and anyone who blindly believed it. If there really was a war on terror, than our country fucked it up royally. It hurts my heart mostly that all those kids in the sand in IRAQ have wasted their efforts chasing a mirage. They might as well have attacked Switzerland. That would have been better cause at least Switzerland wouldn't have been a fresh new breeding ground for terrorists that IRAQ will now be.

end of my waste of time. I never once bitched through the entire Goatfuck in IRAQ until now. Thanks for letting me let off steam. I want our hundreds of billions back and all the wasted death.

YAY! Wendy's is here!! Spicy chicken sandwich.

You can ignore ALL messages from this guy. Unfortunately they still show up in the RSS feed ...

yeah when he starts a thread it does not ignore them either

Edited by RustyAce

I'm right there with you Chris until we get to the issue of Afghanistan. I see no difference between the war in Afghanistan and the one in Iraq. Al Qaeda is an independent organization taking advantage of the fact that both the Pakistani and Afghani governments are corrupt and ineffectual to house their operations in these countries. The country of Afghanistan didn't attack the U.S., an international terrorist organization did. War on the scale we brought to Afghanistan has hurt mainly the already desperately poor people of that country, and it has only turned more people in that region against the U.S., driving them into Al Qaeda recruitment camps. I think there are other ways to get to Bin Laden, the World Court and the U.N. not being totally ineffectual, especially if we put the weight of our political influence behind them.

I'm right there with you Chris until we get to the issue of Afghanistan. I see no difference between the war in Afghanistan and the one in Iraq. Al Qaeda is an independent organization taking advantage of the fact that both the Pakistani and Afghani governments are corrupt and ineffectual to house their operations in these countries. The country of Afghanistan didn't attack the U.S., an international terrorist organization did. War on the scale we brought to Afghanistan has hurt mainly the already desperately poor people of that country, and it has only turned more people in that region against the U.S., driving them into Al Qaeda recruitment camps. I think there are other ways to get to Bin Laden, the World Court and the U.N. not being totally ineffectual, especially if we put the weight of our political influence behind them.

Good point about diplomacy. When I say 'put force on Afghanistan" I certainly don't mean the country, just the Al Queda/Taliban cancer whithin it. But , like cancer, it's hard to kill it without demolishing the area when you use force :(

Ask for it with cheese on it. Sooooooo good.

Oh, man. Never thought of that. Do they put American on it? That sounds delish. I may have to have Wendy's two days in a row for some cheese R&D.