Sign in to follow this  
anthonyc

The Oscars......best moment last night.

I don't usually tune in to catch this show but for some reason i did......and so far i've only seen half of the show but....the best moment is when will smith flubs his line and says "BOOM goes the dynamite!" lol.....which refers to one of the single greatest youtube videos ever.

i've watched this a million times.....it never gets old! lol

*Yawn*

Oscars are boring.

Hey at least Benjamin Button (Not the greatest movie) won some awards. I thought the direction was flawless.

Anyways I only caught the ending.

Edited by hyp3

First time I had to watch the awards from overseas. Anyone have thoughts on this year's graphics show package/nominee package?

I put together a short look back/summary of the last several Academy Awards graphics/branding packages on my blog.

Edited by Denny Tu

I can't believe it's 2009 and there are still people opposing gay marriage in the U.S. :huh:. It's barely even an issue up here in Canada. Probably because we're too stoned to care.

Cue ZeBrownie in 5...4...3...2...1...

Edited by beau+++

the animation reel was awful. whoever put hat together did a sharty job....

Be careful where you throw stones X-Rite.

I usually don't jump in on criticism wars, but seriously come on. When your portfolio is a powerpoint presentation, you're not allowed to talk about the big boys.

On Will Smith's awesomeness: I generally agree that Mr. Smith is awesome. He has proven time and time again that he can man the helm in a popcorn action spectacular type movie. Sure he's not Phillip Seymour Scoffman, but then Phil couldn't chase down a cepholopod either. I am still waiting for the movie that proves WS can do serious. I think he can do it, but he hasn't done it yet, but if he gets in the right movie I think he can. He is also in a special category in my brain that I call working-class hollywood. These are people that I perceive as slightly less pretentious, and seem like they enjoy want they do and they would be acting in movies even if they weren't paid to do it. The Chinmaster Bruce is also in this mental cubby hole.

I'm sad that most of WS's movies have sucked lately.

On Will Smith's awesomeness: I generally agree that Mr. Smith is awesome. He has proven time and time again that he can man the helm in a popcorn action spectacular type movie. Sure he's not Phillip Seymour Scoffman, but then Phil couldn't chase down a cepholopod either. I am still waiting for the movie that proves WS can do serious. I think he can do it, but he hasn't done it yet, but if he gets in the right movie I think he can. He is also in a special category in my brain that I call working-class hollywood. These are people that I perceive as slightly less pretentious, and seem like they enjoy want they do and they would be acting in movies even if they weren't paid to do it. The Chinmaster Bruce is also in this mental cubby hole.

I'm sad that most of WS's movies have sucked lately.

Smith is absolutely a talented actor. His MO though is to be a "Hollywood Action Star" so it's not surprising the majority of his films are popcorn flicks. This is a great article about him:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertai...ing-763436.html

I though he was great in 6 Degrees of Separation.

Be careful where you throw stones X-Rite.

I usually don't jump in on criticism wars, but seriously come on. When your portfolio is a powerpoint presentation, you're not allowed to talk about the big boys.

no offense but i don't know where you're coming from. everything is subjective, so if i say I don't like the way something was done that was my opinion and nothing more. I can say I disliked a movie can't I? so why can't I say I dislike the way a video montage was put together? I'm not going to stoop to your level and critique your work but to call my work nothing more than a powerpoint presentation is pretty lame. I'm not in here bragging about my work , so I don't see any point to your nonsense....