Sign in to follow this  
anothername

Looking for resources for interface design

Hi did a quick search and couldn't find any links here although I'm sure this must have been discussed before.

I am working on a project where I need to design an interface and was wondering if there were any good sites devoted to interface design. Looking for examples and inspiration.

More on the design side than theory, what I am working on has to be plausible but it does not actually have to be functional. A lot of what immediately comes to mind as great examples is a bit too on the science fiction side for my needs. Any sites where I could browse a large cross section of styles would be ideal.

Thanks in advance for any links.

Guest Sao_Bento
I hadn't seen that. Just the kind of thing I was after, great example.

Well executed, but typical Microsoft - as subtle as a sledge hammer about championing the "surface" technology. I guess I'd prefer to think they're grasping at straws, as opposed to being so dense as to not realize how unsuitable a touch-screen interface is for the majority of tasks. Novelty 1, users 0.

(sorry to derail the thread by injecting actual usability principles into a topic about the appearance of usability).

Hi Sao can you recommend any books or interactive media to be inspired by? We are having problems with our interactive guy and i am also interested in the subject since a GUI can look pretty damn good but if it lacks usability is not well thought for the user.

Thanks

Guest Sao_Bento
Hi Sao can you recommend any books or interactive media to be inspired by? We are having problems with our interactive guy and i am also interested in the subject since a GUI can look pretty damn good but if it lacks usability is not well thought for the user.

Thanks

To make sure I'm clear on what you're looking for - you want to see stuff that combines good usability with exciting visual design?

I think Method does a pretty good job (http://www.method.com)

AKQA has some decent stuff (http://www.akqa.com)