Sign in to follow this  
anthonyc

I Wish it to be 4:30pm

have a day job, and I do alot of freelance. Insurance is important!

I have a day job with insurance too.... but work the same hours as hvp3. Get in at 8:30 too..

Lucky bastards. I leave at 10pm mon-friday sad.gif

>> Lucky bastards. I leave at 10pm mon-friday

Is this serious? Do you come in at 2pm? Are you paid hourly?

I've seen this sentiment in a few places on the net concerning the hours that vfx people work.

It has me worried since I'm contemplating a career move to something a little more enjoyable.

I don't enjoy sitting in front of a computer for 14 hours a day....I already do that sometimes.

Nah, I'm self employed. However, I'd like to have a stable hourly paid job that finishes at exactly 4:30 :lol:

go union. I know some union guys who aren't even allowed to touch their keyboard after a certain time because it triggers massive 2.5X overtime in some cases.

Nah, I'm self employed. However, I'd like to have a stable hourly paid job that finishes at exactly 4:30 :lol:

self employed means you make your own schedule man.....you want to sleep in? Cool! I have to get up at 5:15 everyday and drive an hour to work.....and an hour back home.....it's not as fun as it sounds! lol. I worked from home for 8 months....it was the greatest time of my life!!!!!!!!!!!

self employed means you make your own schedule man.....you want to sleep in? Cool! I have to get up at 5:15 everyday and drive an hour to work.....and an hour back home.....it's not as fun as it sounds! lol. I worked from home for 8 months....it was the greatest time of my life!!!!!!!!!!!

Try sitting with no work for a few months, then we'll talk :o

Try sitting with no work for a few months, then we'll talk :o

depends on your situation i guess....i'm married w/ 2 kids....the wifey went back to school. so being out on my own workwise at this time isn't an option. when i got laid off in April I had my severance package and some loot saved up so I could take some time off and look for a job I wanted to take. I was off for about 4 months and I was really able to negotiate for what i wanted.....and not settle for less.