Sign in to follow this  
graymachine

Trapcode Particular 2.0 at NAB

Looks like they've sent out a small press release to Toolfarm, so it can be announced that Red Giant and Trapcode are releasing Trapcode Particular 2.0 soon. It will be demonstrated at NAB. So, it's time to get pumped about particles!!!

http://www.toolfarm.com/2009/04/red-giant-...rticular-2.html

Just to head it off... anyone that knows the new features isn't allowed to say what they are. So, hold off on the "What's going to be in Particular 2.0?????" questions until it is demonstrated. I will say that it means that my Particular Training DVD will have to be totally re-done, or scrapped in lieu of lack of time to be able to redo a 3 hour disc on a plug-in.

In related news, our newly formed company, Truxton Pictures, just had a few clips posted to the Trapcode gallery:

http://www.trapcode.com/gallery.html

The news was submitted back when it was called "Royal Pictures" and I was freelancing as graymachine. This really was the first official Truxton Pictures project. Kudos to Binky for sweet boards on the "Recycling News in Space" piece. It was a monster to animate. This years package should be hitting the air soon, if not already.

Just to head it off... anyone that knows the new features isn't allowed to say what they are. So, hold off on the "What's going to be in Particular 2.0?????" questions until it is demonstrated.

I'm sure it hurts you as much as it does us. ;)

I'm anxiously waiting the moment you can share the juicy bits.

You've always been the vector by which I measure Particular proficiency.

-m

oh graymachine, how is california treating you? Once you have done the Vegas run a few times it looses it luster. I have lived out here my whole life; Vegas is just another thing to do on the weekends. I even had a girlfriend in Vegas. hee hee. LAX to Vegas in 30 min is even more dangerous!

Don't you mean CS5?

Edited by pixel_pimp

oh graymachine, how is california treating you? Once you have done the Vegas run a few times it looses it luster. I have lived out here my whole life; Vegas is just another thing to do on the weekends. I even had a girlfriend in Vegas. hee hee. LAX to Vegas in 30 min is even more dangerous!

Don't you mean CS5?

True. From the view of the Midwest, Vegas has more intrigue. But to you guys, it's the Cedar Point of the West.

2.0 is going to be amazing.

particles can be "3d layers" so they dont' always face the camera, they can automatically orient towards the direction they are going, self shading.

work very nicely with AE scene lights. and about 25+ improvements and new features that I can't remember without my notes.

2.0 is going to be amazing.

particles can be "3d layers" so they dont' always face the camera, they can automatically orient towards the direction they are going, self shading.

work very nicely with AE scene lights. and about 25+ improvements and new features that I can't remember without my notes.

The 3d layer thing was a no-brainer for v2. I just hope that performance doesn't drop, or at least current performance can be maintained by disabling full 3D options.

Now, where is my credit card...

Guest Sao_Bento
this is worth getting excited about. let the race to find the hot new look with particular begin!

I predict it will be whatever the default setting is.

Can anyone tell us if improvements have been made to the editing of curves/graphs for things like scale/opacity over life?

a new system to fiddle with the "over life" behaviour graphs would be really something!

however, even the mere fact from now on i wont have to be resorting to extra tricks in order to fake inter-particle shadows justifies

more than double the asking upgrade price!

Thank you Mr.Norrby !

does anyone have any specific release-date info ?

"summer 2009" is a bit vague for something as substantial as this.