Sign in to follow this  
Duder

How much sleep do you get?

really depends what I am working on and how hard I have been working... Sometimes only 3-4 hours a night for weeks, sometimes (usually after a freelance gig) sleep for 1-2 days

really depends what I am working on and how hard I have been working... Sometimes only 3-4 hours a night for weeks, sometimes (usually after a freelance gig) sleep for 1-2 days

3-4? Sweet jebus, that'd kill me. Usually around 7 for me, unless it's a really tight deadline. I can count on one hand how many times work has ever made me have less than 5 :unsure:

Edited by beau+++

7 is primo for me, but when busy I can roll with 4-5. Any less and I'll be wearing my crabby pants. I do my best work between 11pm and 2am just stitting in the dark, jamming headphones, sipping a beer and working. It's really one of my simple pleasures.

holy hell. 4 hours of sleep a day?!?! I did 4 hours of sleep a night for 6 months in college. My brain went to mush. I couldn't process any new information. I felt like a zombie. It was bad.

Now I do 6-8 hours per night, and that works out well. I need my beauty sleep.

yup. 3-7am every day or 11-7am every other day

Yeah same here. I barely get 5 hours. In the long run, I'm sure it'll do some damage.

I do my best work between 11pm and 2am just stitting in the dark, jamming headphones, sipping a beer and working.

Ditto on the late night zombyin'.

6-7 hours during the week, maybe 8 on the weekends.

I'm one of those late starters who doesn't really get going til the afternoon into evening.

I've tried being one of those early risers, early sleepers, but it never seems to work.

I actually haven't tried that in a while, maybe i should give it a go again....

if I don't get my 9, my day is wasted.

Really?

Usually, when I see you online, its way past midnight and you're either working on an edit, or gunning down prostitutes in GTA :)

Really?

Usually, when I see you online, its way past midnight and you're either working on an edit, or gunning down prostitutes in GTA :)

Funny. I'm reading this between gunning down prostitutes at 12:55a. But I don't wake up till 10:30a usually.

Funny. I'm reading this between gunning down prostitutes at 12:55a. But I don't wake up till 10:30a usually.

dang, 10:30....i wish! lol......what system do you play gta on? i just picked up the Godfather 2 and stayed up till 2am last night trying to take out the Risotto brothers! lol. They made that game almost like gta.

3-4 hours is sheer madness. I really advise against that.

On the other hand, i usually end up spending about 7-8 hours a day in bed, while waking up at 6. So that gives me another 1-2 hours of trying to fall back asleep again, cause work starts round 9:30. That's quite annoying, and i end up being more tired then 2 hours earlier, so i'm considering getting out of bed regardless of the time, cause i might just need 6 hours a sleep.

8 hours of sleep does give me my Fred Camino kind of 20-something sex-appeal. :H

dang, 10:30....i wish! lol......what system do you play gta on? i just picked up the Godfather 2 and stayed up till 2am last night trying to take out the Risotto brothers! lol. They made that game almost like gta.

360 and PC. It's a WAY better game on the PC but there's a ton more friends to play with on the Xbox. I generally only play "Cops n Crooks" game mode.

i avg around 5 - 5 1/2. sleep is overrated to me....i wish i never had to...i'd stay up forever! muahahhahahaha.

i'm the opposite. if it was possible i'd choose to sleep my whole life away and only wake up when i died

i'm the opposite. if it was possible i'd choose to sleep my whole life away and only wake up when i died

Yeah I agree with that. I get 8-9 and that works. Deadlines though I get 4-0. Usually end up staying up for 24-36 hours straight.

I go through phases, fairly sketchy body clock. Sometimes I go for weeks on about 3-5, crash hard at the end and have a 'proper' weekend. The last week or so's not been too bad with not too much freelance but I foresee the next month being an insomnia filled one with a big freelance project and a final major project for uni.

I find it nigh on impossible to sleep before 1am, and if I'm not in bed by then the tiredness doesn't click again for a few hours. It doesn't help that I watch NHL and I live in the UK so the majority of the games start at midnight so even when I have time off to chill I'm up til stupid oclock doing bits during intermissions anyway.

I'll sleep when I'm dead (which sometimes feels closer than it should)

went to bed at 11:30 last night, woke up at 1:30am...to a beeping pager and a structure fire....so was out until 5am. then had to drive an our to work.......4:30 cannot come quick enough!

5-6 for me. I don't bother trying go back to sleep if I wake up early, though. I just end up tossing and turning and only make myself more tired.

I woke up at 7 this morn. Took .25 mg Alprazolam and had pleasant sleep till 11:30 :)