Sign in to follow this  
krpdesign

Desks/Office Furniture?

I need a new desk badly. What do you guys use? Ideally I want something that is nice and wide with some depth. I just can't stand the thought of spending hundreds of dollars on crappy Ikea stuff that doesnt last any more.

I found these guys, and they're exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't afford to spend $3k. http://www.anthro.com/

Anybody have any cheaper alternatives?

At home I have one of the Ikea desks. It's just a big white open flat space, works perfect for me. It's lasted me for a while without any problems.

If money is an issue, you can always do what a former boss of mine did. He laid a door flat on top of 2 filing cabinets. haha

Guest Sao_Bento

Head on over to Craigslist - you can get tons of office furniture, including all manner of desks for cheap or even free. Hooray for the shite ecomomy.

Try to consider the option with something decorative. Perhaps even manual work. It is very important even here to find self-expression of your personality. Even in the furniture.

To choose a good table you need to calculate what it is for you. From this, its functionality will be calculated price and other aspects. In general, more guided by reviews and comparisons. There are many resources that offer a lot of information about furniture and its manufacturers such as https://furnishingsmaster.com/best-outdoor-tv-covers-review/ . On this resource you can find a lot of useful information that helps to make a choice in buying furniture and a table as well.