Sign in to follow this  
Duder

Zune HD boards

I suspect the spot just isn't out yet. Those boards were on Motionographer last week, then were taken down a couple days later. I'd assume they asked him to take it down until the spot airs, it's pretty common practice.

I don't know the guy or anything, but I'm sure you could email him and ask what happened to them.

There coming out with another version of that failure? Why don't they just let it die!!! well at least we get lots of pretty adds

cleaner version of the first frame

zunehd.jpg

Edited by RustyAce

So do you think these were styleframes from the pitch or do you think they are screenshots from the final spot?

IF they are styleframes for the pitch, do you think he (or any mograph artists) make elements that are ready to animate so when they move from styleframes to animating it is quicker? Or is the sole concentration to establish the look without worrying yet about how you will animate it?

I would guess that those are just still frames that were made without too much worry as to how the spot would actually be made. In my experience that is how it works. Almost inevitably you do generate elements while boarding that can be used in production, but you also grab imagery from wherever necessary in order to get your concept "on paper".

Guest Sao_Bento
So do you think these were styleframes from the pitch or do you think they are screenshots from the final spot?

IF they are styleframes for the pitch, do you think he (or any mograph artists) make elements that are ready to animate so when they move from styleframes to animating it is quicker? Or is the sole concentration to establish the look without worrying yet about how you will animate it?

The goal should always be to have the idea drive everything else - you should never be working based on what is easier to execute, what new plug-in you have, etc. If you are working with competent animators, they'll be able to figure out how to do anything you come up with.