Sign in to follow this  
bellographix

How much should I charge for a 2 minute reel

Hey all, I just wanted to get an idea. I am going to create a reel for a design company and wanted to get some idea on what to charge. I am not the best but I am not the worst animator, so since this would be my first time I actually charge someone.

Thanks.

((Your hourly rate)X(estimate of hours to complete the job))+(padding hours - render time/uploading proofs/revisions)= quote

Just break it down for them, and give updates along the way, saying if you are or aren't at the amount of time you expected to be at as your progress through the project.

wait what do u mean u are gonna create a reel for a design company... do u mean you're just gonna edit a reel using there animations?... because why would u create your own animations for a design firm? than won't they use this reel which is really yours to gain clients?... im just a lil confused :blink:

Thanks guys, this really helps a lot. I am putting together a reel to highlight and show off work done by this agency as well as taking video footage of their office and creating animations and transitions.

I appreciate all your answers.