Sign in to follow this  
zibroosk

Exaggerated motion blurring (AE)

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows any techniques on exaggerating motion blurs? I'm rotating a bunch of flat layers around their anchor point one after another. It's blurring but I want to look almost connected. (imagine a flip book without anything in it).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows any techniques on exaggerating motion blurs? I'm rotating a bunch of flat layers around their anchor point one after another. It's blurring but I want to look almost connected. (imagine a flip book without anything in it).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

not watched it but this looks like it will add to it...

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/ra.../force_blur.php

Have you tried raising the comp's shutter angle (comp settings/advanced tab) as high as it goes to get the maximum blurring? Maybe combined with frame blending. Or maybe a time echo type effect and use of the various blurs in afx with adjustment layers?

Edited by magictea

Here's a nifty hack with the Timewarp effect:

"To achieve a result similar to the result of ReelSmart Motion Blur, apply the Timewarp effect, set Speed to 100, enable motion blur within the effect, and use the manual shutter control features to adjust the motion blur."

(from "Motion blur")

Edited by Todd Kopriva

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've tried RSMB but it's giving me a more "bendy" look then I want. I'll try messing with shutter stuff. I'm using an imported maya cam, so would I just change the shutter setting in a pre-comp?