Sign in to follow this  
luke.paul.trevitt

Debut Reel

Solid concepts. Unique music choice.

Maybe try to develop your animations and keyframes, though. Your flow and timing are the main keys to telling a story effectively. Audiences know if something doesn't flow quite right.

I agree that the music choice is unique. There is some good stuff in there but some of the clips like the running and jumping guy at the beginning should get cut. I would look around at other reels and try to aim for that benchmark. If something isn't up to snuff I would suggest making a shorter reel than putting in clips of stuff you aren't the most proud of just to hit 60 seconds. Good luck.

I had fun watching this reel. Of course everything can be refined a lot more, but overall the work demonstrates that you are having a good time.

Keep an eye on the timing of some of the slower clips, wouldn't hurt to tighten up the movement.

Solid concepts. Unique music choice.

Maybe try to develop your animations and keyframes, though. Your flow and timing are the main keys to telling a story effectively. Audiences know if something doesn't flow quite right.

Hello and Thanks for the feedback!!

when you say develop my animations and key frames do you mean revise the current content? (anything in particular) or fix up the cut timing?

Thanks again!!

I agree that the music choice is unique. There is some good stuff in there but some of the clips like the running and jumping guy at the beginning should get cut. I would look around at other reels and try to aim for that benchmark. If something isn't up to snuff I would suggest making a shorter reel than putting in clips of stuff you aren't the most proud of just to hit 60 seconds. Good luck.

Thanks Jamie!

yeah i agree the running man should be cut shorter (any other specific clips you cut/fix up?).. I think after working on something for so long you tend to loose sight of what is making/breaking the reel. do you have any of your stuff online i could take a look at?

Thanks again!!

I had fun watching this reel. Of course everything can be refined a lot more, but overall the work demonstrates that you are having a good time.

Keep an eye on the timing of some of the slower clips, wouldn't hurt to tighten up the movement.

Hey!

I'm Glad my reel had that effect on you. i do love what i do, and i strive to make my graphics light a fun. When you say things can be refined allot more..

could you elaborate a little.. do you think my work needs more depth, complexity or pace?

Thanks!!

Good sense you've experimented a lot.

I don't know why, but i hate that bunny. I watched the original & I don't really get it, probably because the bunny isn't cut up in photoshop, just cropped. The background is pretty cool though! Not sure why that bunny bugs me so much.

Are these assignments or some commissioned work? Nice diverse palette you got there, shows you know 2&3D as well as how to experiment with color.

hey buddy,

i liked the reel! it was a nice watch.

i got a quick question though,

at about 0:16/0:17 you have this color overlay old film leak type of effect (im sorry, not too sure what its called)

I've been trying to apply it to something I'm currently working on, but cant find my way around it to make it look nice.

I'd appreciate it if u could point me in the right direction.

Thanks and good job on the reel!