2009 Reel

Hello,

I just finished this reel yesterday,

http://www.nostalgia-nyc.com/post/reel_2009_web.mov

Take look and tell me what you think,

Thanks,

Brad

www.nostalgia-nyc.com

Some nice stuff, the intro is great! I think the stuff at the start with the girls is strongest along with the stop motion mac piece. I see you have a few self initiated projects in there also which is cool, if I was you I'd have just the one though, as your name is appearing at the start and end of the reel, sticking it in throughout may be a bit much?- Some of your pieces seem a little weaker then others, in particular the 2001 piece and the Rubiks cube sequence. Personally I'd go with the stuff that is more design driven, then the stuff that shows you have a little bit of experience tracking, a little bit of experience with green screen, etc etc, as these look a little more like tests.

Thats pretty rad. The only piece that I didnt really dig was the one of the girl walking across the bridge, its didnt seem to fit in with the rest of your work. And yes, the old school floppy took me back as well. Its sad that an iphone decimates the 486 I had back in '91.

I have trouble getting into these retro animation pieces... Especially when they're done to be exactly like an original 80s game. Why does it have to be exact? To me it doesn't show off your talents as an out of the box thinker. That and I found a lot of your animation to be jerky and limited..

Did you speed up the footage for the "The Mystery of the City At Night Is Enchanting" shot? That shot along with the next couple of text animations seem really sped up and difficult to appreciate. The direct to dvd (save the begnal tiger) piece doesn't really contribute much to showing people what you;re capable of. So if you're looking to cut down on time I'd consider losing that and the next shot as well.